think i may need a break

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

think i may need a break

Postby babyjjbaby » Tue May 19, 2009 8:09 pm

:cry: not through choice tho
i am finding it so so hard to keep on top of the washing atm i have finally got eveything all done but still need to do the washing every other night and it takes me at least hour and half and the bedding hasn't been done in a bout 3 weeks :oops: cos that needs doing seperate and is a struggle to get it dry we haven't had a dry day in ages lol the nappies have been in the awning drying since last night and still soaking wet especially the inserts so it looks a eye sore all my ma does is moan about it being a mess but its only the washing which is a mess everything else is clean and tidy :x but if i don't do the washign every other day she moans at me for leaving it to build up i can't win :(

and i am so tired the last few days i just want to sleep and feel like giving up even if i could afford to do the nappies in teh laundrette i don't think it would work as in the laundrette you can't do a prewash or extra rinse or anything

sorry for moanign i just feel liek evrythign is getting on top of me atm but am worried if i start using disposible sagain i won't use resuables again i so wish we had a normal washign machine

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: think i may need a break

Postby pookie3101 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:15 pm

don't feel bad hun, sposies have a place & if they help you get back on top of things then that's a good thing. Give yourself time & then maybe think about introducing a couple of cloth nappies a day & I'm sure the love will return.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue May 19, 2009 8:18 pm

pookie3101 wrote:don't feel bad hun, sposies have a place & if they help you get back on top of things then that's a good thing. Give yourself time & then maybe think about introducing a couple of cloth nappies a day & I'm sure the love will return.

WSS

really really dont feel bad, its more important that you feel more able to get back on top of averything

xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 19, 2009 8:26 pm

:hug: Don't feel bad I have had to take a break as well, just get yourself back on top of things. x

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Tue May 19, 2009 9:33 pm

:hug: Everyone falls behind with the washing sometimes, especially when it is difficult to get things dry. Don't feel bad. :hug:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue May 19, 2009 9:38 pm

my house is full of washing every day. 4 kids makes for a lot of dirty clothes! havent changed my sheets for about three weeks either :oops: oh well. try not to stress although i know how you feel. my mil is always moaning but i just let it go in one ear and out of the other. would like to see my mil looking after my kids ggggrrr :x washing is never ending when your a mum. i have to do at least 2 loads a day. get fed up with it and if i leave it i end up with mount everest in my kitchen :)

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Tue May 19, 2009 9:53 pm

thanks everyone i feel a bit bette rnow i have doenn the rest fo the washign i just feel liek its never ending it wouldn't matter if i had a proper washign machien but we don't have amins water so have to use a portabel washing machine i am really worrie di will carry on using sposies tho i already used 2 tonight and actual enjoyed it but think i would get to used to using them iyswim and i ahve spent £170 on weenotions in real nappy week too i'm wonderign if i used the laundrette to wash the nappies for a coupel of weeks but not sure if it would get soap build up as i can't do a prewash or any extra rinses and if i use just ecoballs don't think thye will come out clean :-? i used 120 litres of water to do them last night and they were still soapy i only put a tablespoon of bold in

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Tue May 19, 2009 10:00 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about prewashes and extra rinses, I very rarely do them. With a launderette machine I'd imagine they're they older style machines and use loads of water, so will actually do a lot more rinsing and proper washing than using a newer, more eco-friendly machine iykwim. The newer low water usage machines sometimes don't actually wash that well because they use hardly any water.

My avatar
Lora1984
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Lora1984 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:02 pm

dont feel bad, we all have times when we get like this. ifelt awful not using my lovely cloth when Ryder was having chemo and used it where i could, but the way i saw it was id buty a nice new one(or loads as its happenned pmsl!!) to get me back into it, twisted logic but it helped :wink:
the washing sounds a nightmare with no mains water, my washers on sooo muych with us lot i think id go insane!! i do have a dryer but v rarely use it, its normally got the ironing fresh off the line/radiators shoved in it instead :hohoho:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat