hf1

WN help please! (sizing and pricing!)

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

WN help please! (sizing and pricing!)

Postby sophie2198 » Fri May 22, 2009 8:14 am

Hi ladies , can i pick your brains about WN please , thankyou!

I just wanted to know how the sizing and ansorbancy on the new WNNN compares with the old style? I have 3 of the old styles and find the absorbancy great (2 of them are all hemp and 1 is all bamboo , all 3 with cotton outers) but now that H has changed shape i am getting alot of drooping at the front....the picture of the new style looks like you wouldnt get this as it is more 'square; isnt it like the new NL's , is this right? I have some of the new NL's and these all fit fab so all the NN's basically the same shape and fitting? If so i think i would be best with a large?

Also , been looking at the AI2's but i just wondered , do they come with an insert thingy already or do you have to buy it seperately? wasnt sure as dont think it said on the website but was thinking it makes it pretty expensive if you have to buy them seperately as youd be looking at about £17

please tell me i am just being a dumb blonde....again.....hehe!!!!

sophie

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: WN help please! (sizing and pricing!)

Postby Louise » Fri May 22, 2009 9:07 am

No idea about the NN's as we haven't used any of the newer style ones. The pattern is similar to NL's I believe so if you have any new style ones you'll be able to get an idea if they'll fit better than the old style NN''s. When ordering the AI2 you have a choice of number of layers and fabric types for the insert , prices range fro 4.50 to 5.00 for the insert e.g. my last AI2 was

minkee outer £11.75
minkee inner £1.50
6 layer bamboo terry insert topped with mf and minkee £5.00
embroidery £6.50

total £24.75.

HTH

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri May 22, 2009 9:33 am

??????? didn't I dye a new style NL for you??????

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri May 22, 2009 9:36 am

flutterby wrote:??????? didn't I dye a new style NL for you??????

Yes but she's asking about NNs. :wink:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri May 22, 2009 9:37 am

flutterby wrote:??????? didn't I dye a new style NL for you??????

ignore me I misread

I couldn't get the new style NN to fit, but the old style fit Summer beautifully, and yet she fits in ALL sizes of the new style NL :-? :-? I think if Harrison has chunky thighs you'll be fine, can't judge on absorbency as I only used it once, oh and it looks the same cut, but slightly higher rise than the NLs

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Fri May 22, 2009 9:49 am

Thanx for that girls! :wink:

Yes we get on really well with the new style NL's , hes in larges ad there still LOADS of growing space , its raly weid him changing shape as ive never had 'spare' spce in a nappy before iygim?! Lol he was in larges at 8 months old but is smaller / thinner now than he was then! Think i may order a new style NN then if they are just likehe NL but with higher rise.

Think i mayleave the WN AI2's then if you have to order the inner thing seperatel , i assumed it would be like the itti bitts were you atleast get one set free - cant justify nearly £20 for a nappy without embroidery unfortunately :|

sophie
x

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Fri May 22, 2009 9:51 am

I had a new style NN for Kaydi it was great. It was a medium and we need large now. I only have an old style large.
Kaydi is a super heavy wetter esp at night she out wees loads of nappies :roll:
Both NN were the best along with our FFNN.

Yep the AI2's are not cheep but they are great. you but the nappy and then choose the insert either 4 or 6 layer as louise said.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri May 22, 2009 9:52 am

I actually prefer the old style NL's the new style don't fit Katie well at all, they're huge. Might try a M and see if they're a better fit. :-?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri May 22, 2009 10:00 am

Louise wrote:I actually prefer the old style NL's the new style don't fit Katie well at all, they're huge. Might try a M and see if they're a better fit. :-?

You really should, Summer's M fitted on Jak, TBH I like the fit of the smalls best on Summer even though she fits is S, M and L

sophie2198 wrote:
Think i mayleave the WN AI2's then if you have to order the inner thing seperatel , i assumed it would be like the itti bitts were you atleast get one set free - cant justify nearly £20 for a nappy without embroidery unfortunately :|

sophie
x

I keep thinking this, but then I remind myself that actually if I bought a pocket I'd have to buy an insert so it work out similarly, well not really as I have more inserts than I need but YKWIM!!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat