hf1

Hospitals + Cloth Nappies

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Hospitals + Cloth Nappies

Postby Kirstyh » Fri May 22, 2009 3:36 pm

I have never used cloth in hospital :oops: When all of ours were delivered we had lots og skin to skin straight away, they they were weighed and wrapped in a towel before more cuddles then the midwives dressed them in our own clothes. x

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri May 22, 2009 4:48 pm

oh yes I remember my top tip was I put his first nappy, wrap, bodysuit and sleepsuit in a seperate drawstring bag, in the baby's hospital bag, so when dh said where is ..., I said just put your hand in pull out bag and it's all there - mw was impressed, even though dressing him was a palaver and mw ended up having to help (canula and splint)

My avatar
Laura2904
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Laura2904 » Fri May 22, 2009 5:07 pm

no no, all the babies needs are down to you except formula milk- they do provide that
i remember after i gave birth to my DD1 a woman who went into labour unexpectedly and didn't have anything with her got yelled at by the midwife fo rnot having nappies! so yeah... go prepared!

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Fri May 22, 2009 7:49 pm

Our hospital uses its own cloth nappies on babies. They are free to use while on the wards. It's a good system and it has seriously cut their clinical waste too. So it's worth checking what is available at yours.

It is worth noting it in your birth plan, the midwife dressed my first in hospital. I made sure I put a note for my second and it's on my third one that either I or DH wanted to do it.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri May 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Laura2904 wrote:no no, all the babies needs are down to you except formula milk- they do provide that

Not all hospitals provide formula, unless it is 'prescribed' by the mw / peads. If you choose not to bf you have to provide your own sterilised bottles, water and powder at my local hospital.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri May 22, 2009 11:20 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:
Laura2904 wrote:no no, all the babies needs are down to you except formula milk- they do provide that

Not all hospitals provide formula, unless it is 'prescribed' by the mw / peads. If you choose not to bf you have to provide your own sterilised bottles, water and powder at my local hospital.

Madness

I think it's just a postcode lottery as with most NHS things, like Katie, our hospital has fuzzis and you get the one they leave in, or if you choose to use disposables, the one the MW put on them when they are first born, such a shame as even though they are still available they have hidden them (when I had Jak they were in the rooms) as people were stealing them :(

My avatar
Laura2904
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Laura2904 » Sat May 23, 2009 8:11 am

AnnetteandBen wrote:

yeah at mine you need to provide the equipment but they do provide the milk and teats xxx

My avatar
mummymel
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummymel » Sat May 23, 2009 8:11 am

My hub was the one to get Charlie dressed after birth, so putting a cloth nappy (fluff n stuff) on wasn't a problem. And I used them for my stay in hospital.

If your unsure about it just let the midwives know that you want a cloth nappy puting on :)

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat