hf1

Lovely cloth moment

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Lovely cloth moment

Postby beffys » Sat May 23, 2009 2:19 pm

I was in the play park with Ella and she was running around everywhere. Another Mum as she was just leaving shouted over that it was good to see a LO in cloth and not be the only mum with LO in cloth. I just agreed smiled and Ella feel down hard on her bum so we were laughing about the soft padded landing. I never really think about it much, but it's prob the first time I've actually seen another LO in cloth. Was nice to meet someone out who probably appreciates using cloth nappies in a similar way that I do and appreciates how much better they are too. :D

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Lovely cloth moment

Postby Pinchette » Sat May 23, 2009 2:20 pm

That's great. I've yet to live a similar moment.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat May 23, 2009 2:33 pm

That's great. :wine: I had a similar experience a while ago. A lady came up to me and asked about Katie's lovely skirtie and where I got it from. Her LO was in cloth and she wanted to know how to care for wool as she was going to try it.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat May 23, 2009 2:38 pm

That's fab. I have met a few fellow clothies and it's always lovely x

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Sat May 23, 2009 2:40 pm

That would be even greater. Someone appreciating your woolies! :) I've not really had Ella in wool except in the house or at night. Always been worried about wicking in the pushchair or her getting too warm if it's sunny, but I should really show them off sometime.

I'm making Ella a skirt or skorties I think it is with bloomer bit, just have to get around to fixing a couple of stitches a few rows back then finish it off, hoo hum.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat May 23, 2009 2:46 pm

beffys wrote:That would be even greater. Someone appreciating your woolies! :) I've not really had Ella in wool except in the house or at night. Always been worried about wicking in the pushchair or her getting too warm if it's sunny, but I should really show them off sometime.

I'm making Ella a skirt or skorties I think it is with bloomer bit, just have to get around to fixing a couple of stitches a few rows back then finish it off, hoo hum.

When Katie s going to be in the car seat or sling for a while I either pop a pocket under it or use two woolly items - a soaker underneath her skirtie/longies/shorties as we do get compression wicking otherwise. Wool is great as it keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter, a wool wrap is definitely cooler than a PUL one as its more breathable. I have had some lovely comments about her skirties and longies, even from non clothy people so I'd go for it if I was you.

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Sat May 23, 2009 3:32 pm

That's great :wine:

My avatar
Laura2904
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Laura2904 » Sat May 23, 2009 3:51 pm

I long for the day now that I actually meet another cloth user. i've managed to convince some online friends to try clothies now... one of whome who has now joined CNT :giggle: but yeah, I'd love to sit down and have a convo about these nappies with someone and coo over them... god I'm sad. Nappies are fast becoming an obsession.. but ooh I do like it hahaha

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat May 23, 2009 3:56 pm

one of my online 'friends' uses them and when a bunch of us all met up last weekend i commented on how nice it was to see her LO in cloth - our 2 girls we the only ones mind! x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat