hf1

How much is too much?

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: How much is too much?

Postby kt24 » Sat May 23, 2009 7:05 pm

Wow! Too much for me I'm afraid, my nappy budget is rather limited. I'm sure it is beautiful though. :( Like others have said you could get two or even three really nice nappies for that much.

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Sat May 23, 2009 9:14 pm

I haven't paid more than £18 for a nappy and would find it very hard to justify spending more than £20. I use the cost-per-wear-compared-to-a-sposie model too. But if you love it, can afford it and would get the wear from it... they're not in nappies for long, after all.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat May 23, 2009 9:30 pm

afterglow wrote:I haven't paid more than £18 for a nappy and would find it very hard to justify spending more than £20. I use the cost-per-wear-compared-to-a-sposie model too. But if you love it, can afford it and would get the wear from it... they're not in nappies for long, after all.

Ahh yes but that method is flawed. It doesn't take into account the resale value of the nappy once your LO has stopped using it. :wink:

My avatar
Lora1984
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Lora1984 » Sat May 23, 2009 10:23 pm

Louise wrote:
afterglow wrote:I haven't paid more than £18 for a nappy and would find it very hard to justify spending more than £20. I use the cost-per-wear-compared-to-a-sposie model too. But if you love it, can afford it and would get the wear from it... they're not in nappies for long, after all.

Ahh yes but that method is flawed. It doesn't take into account the resale value of the nappy once your LO has stopped using it. :wink:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:
loving the way of justification Louise, very valid POV me thinks!!!!

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Sat May 23, 2009 10:46 pm

:shock: :shock: youre mad woman! :wink: :giggle: :hohoho:

I would NEVER spend £37.50 on one nappy - and im assuming theres postage to go on top too , making it basiclly £40?! I wouldnt even spend that if i had the money / gift voucher - id rather buy 3 NL's and get Hanna to dye them to match woolies! :D :D

My most expensive nappy so far is my UD that i designed , and even that came in at only just over £20 - inc post.

I would like to get one more goregously designed nappy before H pt's but even then i really wouldnt want to go over £25!

Cant wait to see the pics of you do decide to get it though :wink:

sophie
x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat May 23, 2009 10:53 pm

Even I think that's alot, possibly even too much :oops: the most I've ever spend is around £27 incliding postage, and that I assume will be nearly £40 with postage, and I also don't think you'd sell it on for more than £20 I've really struggled to sell my more expensive WNs for a decent price, but if it's worth it to you then go for it!!!!

My avatar
Steph
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Steph » Sun May 24, 2009 12:30 am

Hmm a little expensive for me, I paid around 25 for Lexi's personalised birthday nappy. I just couldn't justify spending that much on one nappy but it's up to you, if you really want it go for it :D

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun May 24, 2009 1:08 am

Just went and converted it and OMG no I could never ever spend that much on one nappy. The NF nappy I just bought for someone would have to be one of the most expensive I;ve bought which is pretty sad when you think about it!!

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun May 24, 2009 2:38 am

Aaagghh
You lot are no help..... LOL

I still don't know, I'm not sure I love under water enough to spend the money.
I posted about a fairy embroidery ages ago, I wonder if that will fit ok instead?????

I have an OBV outer NL on order, I'm going to dye it and do matching wool.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat