hf1

How much is too much?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: How much is too much?

Postby Louise » Sun May 24, 2009 5:20 am

If you're not sure you'd LOVE it then don't spend that much, can you not take a few embroideries out to make it a bit cheaper?

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun May 24, 2009 7:00 am

I've taken a few out to take £5 off it .
I think I might wait untill my OBV one comes see how it turns out once its dyed.

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Sun May 24, 2009 8:17 am

Louise wrote:
afterglow wrote:I haven't paid more than £18 for a nappy and would find it very hard to justify spending more than £20. I use the cost-per-wear-compared-to-a-sposie model too. But if you love it, can afford it and would get the wear from it... they're not in nappies for long, after all.

Ahh yes but that method is flawed. It doesn't take into account the resale value of the nappy once your LO has stopped using it. :wink:

This is very embarassing :oops: , but I deduct a third of the cost for assumed resale value before calculating the cost-per-wear. Clearly many nappies resell for a lot more than a third, but some are less.

Nappymatics :hohoho:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun May 24, 2009 8:52 am

For me, the whole - "you can get 3 nappies for that price" argument just means nothing as we don't neeeeeeeeed 3 nappies, we don't neeeeeed any more nappies so I preferred to buy 1 really really really lovely nappy than 3 OK nappies - dygwim?

My last one was triple minkee with minkee inner and 4 embroideries so was always going to be expensive.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun May 24, 2009 9:10 am

Annette wrote:For me, the whole - "you can get 3 nappies for that price" argument just means nothing as we don't neeeeeeeeed 3 nappies, we don't neeeeeed any more nappies so I preferred to buy 1 really really really lovely nappy than 3 OK nappies - dygwim?

That's exactly my way of thinking too. :D

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sun May 24, 2009 9:15 am

Annette wrote:For me, the whole - "you can get 3 nappies for that price" argument just means nothing as we don't neeeeeeeeed 3 nappies, we don't neeeeeed any more nappies so I preferred to buy 1 really really really lovely nappy than 3 OK nappies - dygwim?

My last one was triple minkee with minkee inner and 4 embroideries so was always going to be expensive.

Yeah, I can see that point. Maybe when I'm back at work and actually have some money I'll think differently!!!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun May 24, 2009 9:48 pm

Definately an excellent point! My last WN was triple cut, minkee inner, and 2 embroideries and that was only £21 though surprisingly, the only problem is I was one of the first to order a triple cut and now I've seen all the other's I want more, I'm thinking of doing a night one to compliment it though :oops: :oops: and it will probably be very expensive as I have a few embroideries in mind, some that aren't on the site yet :roll: I think provided it's exactly what I want I'd be happy to pay whatever it costs TBH, so I retract my previous statement :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun May 24, 2009 9:51 pm

lol
I have changed my mind its no longer an under water and beech scene :wink:
Its reduced in price to £32.25 thats with 1 embroidery !
I can't decide what minkee or if i should get a double minkee with a smaller embroidery o the front. :roll:

The most annoying thing is that I have 2 orders I'm waiting for so this will take forever once I finally decide.
weenotions the evil cloth ....... :twisted:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun May 24, 2009 9:54 pm

clairelana wrote:lol
I have changed my mind its no longer an under water and beech scene :wink:
Its reduced in price to £32.25 thats with 1 embroidery !
I can't decide what minkee or if i should get a double minkee with a smaller embroidery o the front. :roll:

The most annoying thing is that I have 2 orders I'm waiting for so this will take forever once I finally decide.
weenotions the evil cloth ....... :twisted:

Have you seen these :twisted: :twisted: You could get 2 NLs for that price :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat