hf1

How much is too much?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: How much is too much?

Postby flutterby » Sun May 24, 2009 10:27 pm

Oh and IMO they look totally different IRL!!!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun May 24, 2009 10:43 pm

Annette wrote:For me, the whole - "you can get 3 nappies for that price" argument just means nothing as we don't neeeeeeeeed 3 nappies, we don't neeeeeed any more nappies so I preferred to buy 1 really really really lovely nappy than 3 OK nappies - dygwim?

Hmmm thats a good point, but I can still buy what I think are gorgeous nappies, for £20. I don't think I will ever justify £40 on a nappy, as Ive never even spent that on an item of Mollys clothing. I usually only get one embroidery per nappy, two at the most. £40 is almost my half of the week's rent. TBH id much rather spend it on a beautiful woolly or a matching set so it would actually be seen quite often!

My avatar
Laura2904
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Laura2904 » Mon May 25, 2009 3:37 am

i have to agree that its too much... but will you kick yourself later if you dont buy??

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Mon May 25, 2009 8:08 am

That would be too much for me, but I don't have that spare in my account. I tend to end up living in my overdraft tbh.

It could be cheaper to get wraps? I got 2 embroidered wraps from Upsy Daisy recently - they are both triple cut in minkee and I don't think they were at all expensive. I think the beach scene was £12.99 and his personalised birthday wrap was £13.49. I personally prefer to get wraps embroidered (rather than nappies) as I have bought the wrap can be worn for 2/3 nappy changes each day, rather than just for 3 hours of the days iykwim?

Image Image

Image Image

Saying that if I could afford lots of embroidered nappies - I would probably buy loads!

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Fri May 29, 2009 6:31 pm

My original plan was to get a wrap, I only have 1 but I never use it! I use wool over my fitteds.

I decided on the AI2 then at least She can keep it on for a while with change of inserts.
I did spend alot but didn't end up going for the underwater scene, but the embroidery I have always wanted.
I will keep this nappy forever, I won't ever sell it on it will go in her memory box.

I can't wait for this to arrive :giggle: I have 2 previous orders that I am waiting for first....lol

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri May 29, 2009 6:45 pm

It does sound fab, I can't wait to see the photos. The AI2 is a really good idea value for money-wise with just the inserts being changed. I only had 5 ittis but he wore them the majority if the time as I had 5 spare inserts. I would love it if UD could make an AI2 with the aqua seas minkee due in soon...but thankfully they don't as my overdraft can't take anymore!!

I am keeping the personalised wrap of Blake's forever too, sigh.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Fri May 29, 2009 6:55 pm

Ha ha I'm sure they would make you one if you asked.....lol
THey do wool AI2's!

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri May 29, 2009 7:19 pm

:shock: ooh - thanks for telling me although it could be dangerous to know! I could try to persuade my husband to fund one (if Amber and Fiona agree to make a minkee AI2) when that minkee comes in to stock. Hopefully, it will take ages to be in stock - I will be getting a good bit of overtime in my July pay. lol - i can't believe I have the ot spent before I have even worked it! :giggle:

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby pookie3101 » Sat May 30, 2009 8:36 pm

that would be too much even for me :shock:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat