hf1

PB training pants???

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

PB training pants???

Postby Jenni&Babes » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:06 pm

Has anyone tried them? We have ditched Josh's nappies as he did 4 wees and a poo on the potty this afternoon!!! He was VERY attached to the nappies so I really don't want to use them at all for fear of ending back at square one - it was a struggle to convince him to do that first wee lol!

His night time nappy is normally dry in the morning so tonight he is wearing proper pants with a m/f cloth folded inside just incase lol!

I thought the training pants would be good for at night (if tonights plan fails lol) and for out and about just to save chainging his trousers if he has an accident iyswim? He's fussy and will only go on HIS potty atm!

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:41 pm

Ah just found the Bright Bots trainers and they are cheaper and look more like pants!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:19 am

You'll have to do some reviews for us (so you'll need one of each!!), we aren't quite there for most of us at the moment!! I was a dispicable user with my Josh so only used pull ups :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:24 am

Apparently the blueberry pants are fantastic - I think we'll be trying them when we get to that stage :)

Actually was reading up about potty training yesterday, we're not ready yet or even nearly there but today Isabelle dragged her changing mat into the bathroom and put it onto the loo!! I think she's starting to realise what it's for (well I've been explaining what I'm doing :lol: as she comes over all curious now instead of playing in the corner!!)

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:47 pm

Well the pants and m/f cloth got soaked through as did his pj's so clearly he does wee at night - one HUGE wee lol! So at 2am I had to stick a pull-up on him.

This morning we have had 2 wees on the potty and 2 on the floor so 50/50 lol! He is now asleep on a towel with no pants on lol!

Not sure what to do tonight - might try Flynn's new Thomas PB on him....

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:56 pm

We're also potty training but Jack has a nappy on if we go out to clubs and at night. I think it takes alot longer for them to recognise when they need a wee at night.

Not got any training pants yet as we just have the bare bottom look going on at home :lol: :wink:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:24 pm

the bright bots are useless, they are just underpants with a crinkly bit in them (supposed to be a waterproof barrier but it isn't :roll: ) they really are for little dribbles only!

Minki yoyos (the pull ups) are better but the fleece ones are huge and bulky and are far too big for my 2 year old, ad the slinki ones were a bit shiny for my tase for a boy an still didn't fit properly anyway :roll:

Happy Heinys do a pull up that is pretty good as it is a pocket pull up so can be stufed as much as you like, it is a bit tricky to get the stuffing in though as they don't have any side poppers tey are literally a pull up.

The blueberry ones look good but again for a boy they seem a bit fluffy!!!!

If it's just for overnight then why not just use a stufed fuzzi bunz??

jan x

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:48 pm

He woke from that nap, sat up and wee'd all over the sofa lol! :shock:

But we did have a good afternoon with lots of wees on the potty! :D

In the end he has gone to bed in a pull-up! He refused to have the PB or a Fuzzi on - he likes cuddling them but not wearing them apparently!

I really wanted the training pants so that we can go out so if he has an accident it won't soak his trousers. I hate being stuck in the house but I don't want to confuse him putting a nappy on iyswim?! When he has pants on he usually starts to wee, then realises and does the rest on the potty...

My avatar
aims
Clothie
Clothie

Postby aims » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:49 pm

so what would you recommend just for the odd dribble then? my ds (3yrs) has loads of accidents in the day -more like little dribbles until he reaches bursting point -at which time he will 'give in' and go to the toilet. it is getting a bit high maintenance on the washing front (trousers too) so was wondering what to try!
they are a bit expensive though so didn't want to go andwaste money and buy things that were basically just like a nappy (he wont let a nappy or a pull up near him of any shape or form) so wondered as you have seen them -what are they like? similar to normal pants at all??

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat