Nothing works!!!!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Nothing works!!!!

Postby HannahBanana » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:22 am

Why is Erin weeing so much!!!!

She can't go through the night without being drenched and now she's even doing it in her naps. Twice this week she's peed so much during a nap she drench through her nappy, clothes and bed sheets. WTF!!!

I'm starting to think I might have to get some pampers for bedtime :(

I use a Bimble or bumble at night and I stuff it with 1 MF and 2 hemp inserts plus the flap that is attached to the nappy and she STILL gets soaked. I have started to fold one of the hemp ones at the front because she sleeps on her front and so thats where she soaks.

please help!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:18 pm

Just a thought, how about swapping the mf for bamboo - as can't mf be squeezed out a bit like a sponge, whereas bamboo holds it in, especially if she is sleeping on her front.

Hope you find something that works :shock:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:36 pm

Hannah, I can totally sympathise, I posted the other day about my mega weeer. We also resorted to trying disps one night but her pjs were soaking down her legs in the morning so that didn't actually work.

I am just hoping it is a phase that she will grow out of. Can't offer any suggestions except what we have had to do - add more boosting. You are doing the right thing with the hemp.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:45 pm

It's the first stage of being on your way to potty training I'm afraid... Means she's holding it for longer and then flooding...

Am NOT looking forward to that! But I think we're getting more bladder control here too - she had an almost dry nappy after 3hours this morning - practically unheard of...

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:38 pm

Nooooooooooooooooo!! what about all my lovely nappies!!!

I think you are right actually. One day I changed her nappy and then 30 minutes later she "flooded" a huuuuuge wee couldn't believe it!

Don't want her pi$$ing all night though... why can't she do it in the day lol

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:53 pm

Maybe its time to start getting her to take the bulk of her fluids earlier in the day? I know I started doing that at about 2 with Josh in prep for pt ( :evil: :evil: boo hoo don't want to do that!)

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:45 pm

It must be her milk from bedtime though. Trouble is she does want water and often asks (signs) for it throughout the day, not sure I can deprive her of it when she asks so nicely lol!

Think I might get some more boosters and just change her when we go to bed hope that works for now!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:14 pm

We have the same problem here to and boosting boosting and more boosting is all that has worked her us. she has a HUGE bum but at least it does the trick :)

My avatar
lili
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby lili » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:11 pm

hi hannah

i find either a well boosted sandys or a babybehinds bamboo with airflow wraps unbeatable at night!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat