hf1

Whats your most absorbant nappy?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Whats your most absorbant nappy?

Postby JennyPenny » Thu May 28, 2009 10:48 pm

We are getting very fed up of leaks now. We have even resorted to disposables some times, but they leak too. To make nappy matters worse, Elouise has started going to bed at 6pm and getting up at 9.30am!

Just wondering whats your most absorbant nappy?
Daytime?
Nightime?

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Whats your most absorbant nappy?

Postby JanX » Thu May 28, 2009 10:53 pm

For nighttime I like a minki pocket nappy (as in nappies by minki the make :wink: ) and as they are good and big they can be stuffed with loads, I have in the past had 4 x bamboo terry squares tri-folded, a hemp booseter and a microfibre booster in one, it was VERY absorbant :giggle:

For daytime again we use poackets mainly and I have found a combination of bamboo and microfibre or bamboo and hemp to be the most absorbant for us in them

jan x

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Fri May 29, 2009 7:08 am

Lottie and Ted can be very heavy wetters but we like:

Night time a stuffie or bumble. Can stuff with loads and fleece lined. Covered with wool. We hardly ever get any leaks. WN NN work well for Will, as do bedbugs but I still have to boost them.

Day time - fitteds I find MEOS/Sandys bamboo, WNNL, Hollow Oak and dream-eze (likes hens teeth but work a treat) work for us. We mainly use wool to cover our fitteds and generally can go about 3 hours before a change. A dream-eze and BBH wool wrap lasted Lottie 5 hours the other day when she had an unexpected nap.

Pockets - I have never had a leak with an UD (at one time we couldn't use pockets but I hadn't tried these) and WNOS are also working for us now. BB don't seem to suit my lot but I know some people swear by them.

Have yet to find an Ai2 that suits us :-?

Lisa

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri May 29, 2009 7:34 am

Daytime is definitely Baby Beehinds bamboo with both snap-in inserts, closely followed by WNNL.

Night - Flutterby Nights and Upsy Daisy NN with the trifold and extra night booster.

Wool makes a huge difference too.

My avatar
Kaska
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Kaska » Fri May 29, 2009 8:10 am

Night time Weenotions NN I have always these weird feeling that DS doesn't wee at night when he wears them as they seem to be very dry in the morning :-?
Day time - mostly pockets with various inserts,and Weenotions NL.

My avatar
PoshMama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby PoshMama » Fri May 29, 2009 8:17 am

I doubled boosted OBV goodmama is our best at the moment. I have a "magic dipe" coming, also OBV we'll see if it's even better!

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri May 29, 2009 8:29 am

Of a day - Sandys Bamboo seem incredibly absorbent but so slow drying!
Night - WNNN and UDNN

Probably the best nappy though would have to be the XL Standard Minki of Toby's the pocket is ridiculously huge - you could probably fit in a WNNN booster and loads of other boosters in easily. Mine aren't too heavy wetters at the moment so I hardly use it, I prefer something more breathable so don't use PUL of a night.

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Fri May 29, 2009 8:44 am

sam was a heavy wetter but seems less so now but

night- v v well stuffed standard minki- we have never had a leak with these but also use udnn with trifold and booster plus and extra hemp booster and wool, also have just started using a baby beehind aio magic all which is great it has a huge pocket too!

day- ff and bbb for fitteds and pockets it depends really what you put in them and for us it is a size thing- wn ss and fuzzis fit best

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Fri May 29, 2009 3:59 pm

Thanks everybody. We are using wool a lot of the time but still getting very wet nappies and sometimes leaks.

I think I am going to have to try a WNNL! LOL. They do look lovely.

Am going to try and get some more preloved BBH bamboo too as they work for both Elouise and Talia.

I have 2 of the goodmamma fitteds but have only used them once so far as they have been drying for days!!! :shock: They remind me of the BBH a bit? But lovely and pretty!

Does anybody know how an upsy daisy fitted nappy would compare with the rest?

Want to order a Flutterby nappy too when they have stock in.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat