Does anyone have a nappy sprayer

My avatar
hhunter
Clothie
Clothie

Does anyone have a nappy sprayer

Postby hhunter » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:32 pm

Hello,

Am looking into buying a sprayer thingy that you fit on the loo...even though he's nearly one (!) Max does very sticky poos and am getting a bit tired of endless rinsing and scraping (yukky yuk!). Even with fleecy liners we still get over-flows...

DH has suggested giving him less fruit and vegetables - very helpful I'm sure.

Anyway does anyone have a sprayer and are they good?

Hannahx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:36 pm

Oh yes the cow-pat style nappies... We get a lot of those!

Too much cheese makes them worse for us - and meat makes the smell infinately worse!! :lol:

Not got a sprayer but have thought about it again and again! Fedup of dunking liners/scraping pockets too...

Bananas are supposed to help!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:45 pm

We don't have a sprayer but when we had the bathroom re-done recently we had the taps on the bath put in the middle and now the shower head reaches to the toilet - and I can tell you that it is a godsend, although not as convenient as the sprayer as I have to point it at the loo and turn on the tap which is a bit of a stretch. I think the sprayer has a button on it which would make it alot easier.

One compromise I have heard people do is to have a dedicated bucket which you sit in the bath and use the shower head to rinse off into the bucket and then poor the bucket down the toilet and put the nappy in your normal bucket. Does that make sense?

My avatar
hhunter
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hhunter » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:51 pm

He has cheese about once a day, and has cow's milk to drink now so perhaps that's it...he has lots of bananas too, but don't do much to help!

Not going to cut out the dairy as he doesn't have meat, and he's not crazy about tofu products and obviously beans don't really help! :lol: ...though he's not a true veggie as he loves fish, so maybe I'll just give him more of that instead! (and keep on scraping I guess!)

The bath bucket idea sounds good though, hadn't thought of that!

hannahx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:59 pm

Oh yes - baked beans... Again she loves them but I don't like the effect on her nappies!! :shock:

Isabelle's fairly veggie - I don't often give her meat but she's got a relatively healthy diet and as I'm breastfeeding I tend not to worry too much about it...

Cows milk doesnt' seem to make any difference here, just cheese... It's amazing how the things she loves make for icky nappies!

Will have to try the bucket/shower thing tomorrow I think...

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:08 pm

Oh we STILL have those sort of nappies - sticks like superglue! Doesn't seem to matter what he eats. I am sooooo glad my shower reaches the toilet easily. Makes things much easier. I would have got a sprayer if it hadn't.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:02 pm

I just rinse the nasty stuff off the liner down the toilet, then the excess using the taps on the sink. Just means when DH is going to shave using the sink that he wipes it doen carefully beforehand.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:59 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:17 pm

I flush the worst away and then have a small nappy bucket with lid, that I then have water in to soak the sticky stuff off for a couple of hours, before dry pailing them.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat