hf1

Camping

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Camping

Postby emmajayne33 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:24 am

Has anyone been camping and taken their nappies?! I really REALLY don't want to have to take disposables... I think there are washing facilities, but no drying... My OH is adamant that we will have to take sposies... :( he thinks it'll be too much work when we are supposed to be on holiday... was just wondering if anyone has any experience of cloth bums and camping?! :)

TIA ladies

My avatar
oliviaelanasmum
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Camping

Postby oliviaelanasmum » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:16 am

Im taking cloth with me when we go to france for 3 weeks camping next month.
I have 2 in nappies so will take all my ittis (about 20 or so) and probably 6 night nappies and wraps so that i can wash every other day.
Lots of sites have washing facilities but luckily my parents are taking their motorhome and my mum has a little twin tub so will be able to wash them in that, and hopefully it will be scorching and they will dry quickly!
Im taking ittis as they dry quickly, don't need any accessories ie wraps nippas liners etc, and they don't take up much space in my tiny little car!
How long are you going away for?

Sophie :D

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:16 pm

i took nappies camping last week and manaeged fine but the weather was fab so they dried

My avatar
aliorb
Clothie
Clothie

Postby aliorb » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:21 pm

We camped last year in what turned out to be a very wet week in Yorkshire. DD was only 19 weeks so we were doing many more changes than we would now not least as she decided to poo for England that week...I digress.

We took all we could with the hope we could dry squares on the guy ropes. Weather conspired against us but a combination of a spin dry and a few minutes in the tumble in the on site lundrette meant we could finish the drying just hanging up in the tent and never had to enact the back up plan of sposies. It did turn out easier than I feared to be honest.

We are going camping again in a few weeks and I will take as many nappies as we can fit in the car to avoid washing though lats year even doing a nappy load we did less washing than our friends who had more and messy children. We use 2 parters including quite a few squares so I would prefer to buy another pack of boots squares whilst we are away than a pack of Huggies/pampers.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat