hf1

UD sizing question

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

UD sizing question

Postby Amanda » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:35 pm

I'm ever so ever so close to buying an UD size ML but am a bit worried it'll drown Finn. He comfortably wears an Itti L and also has BBSS M. BGs still fit poppered down a row, although they are getting close to builder's bummage on that setting and they fit full size too. So am I mad to buy ML? Thing is I vaguely remember the ML being suggested to me, possibly by Louise and/or Hanna, but not quite sure why, my memory's shocking! Plus as he's skinny I think he might outgrow the rise of nappies before the waist, so they'd fit in the future if not straight away, but I want it to fit straight away!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: UD sizing question

Postby flutterby » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:54 pm

It wasn't me, I had a M which was HUGE on Summer, M trim fit her beautifully, and probably similarly to a M BBSS, will find pics!

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:56 pm

Oh actually perhaps it was M trim that was mentioned, that also rings a bell :-?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:58 pm

Ok not great pics, and at different ages (but not too different)

First is a M trim, then a M bbss, then a normal M on Summer, and on Jak :shock: :shock:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:59 pm

Ooops the BB pic is huge, sorry!

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:10 pm

Thanks Hanna, I can't see a ML being right for us if the standard M fit Jak as a toddler :shock: . Am glad I asked!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:15 am

I have a few m/l for Gracie and they fit ok, they look similar to the medium trim on Summer . x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:21 am

Ls are huge on Katie whereas M/Ls are a perfect fit, although we haven't tried a M or the new trim sized ones. The M/L has the rise of a L but waist and thigh settings of a M so personally I think it would fit for longer than a M especially if you think Finn is likely to outgrow the rise before the waist. Our M/Ls are on the second tightest setting so will fit for a while yet.

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:24 am

I'd second the m/l recommendation.

We had mediums for Cole originally but eventually he grew out of the rise of them but still needed the skinniness (is that a word?!) of the medium's waist so we went for medium longs.

They still fit him well now, aged 17 months almost. I wouldn't go for mediums as they won't last so long, particularly if you prefer higher rises on nappies.

I'm selling some medium/longs if you want to try one first before buying new. :wink:

Helen xx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat