hf1

Thrush & wool

My avatar
cheesebaby
Clothie
Clothie

Thrush & wool

Postby cheesebaby » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:22 pm

If your baby has thrush (which I really hope we don't, but am a bit suspicious because she'd had a nasty red neck crease which has cleared up with some cream or other - tho it seems to be an all round antifungal, antibacterial, steroid cream), how do you wash your wool? I've read that nappies should be washed at 60, but obv can't do that with woolies, so............. ?

Charlotte

My avatar
cheesebaby
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Thrush & wool

Postby cheesebaby » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Can anyone help me with this? We went to the GP today, and she thinks it could well be thrush, so I don't know how to deal with my wool, that's been in contact with the infected bits :(

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Not sure i know the answer to this but my dd has had thrush in the past but i have never treated her wool any different to normal as her wool never actually touches her bits where the thrush is iyswim it's just the nappies, liners and wipes i wash at 60 because they are right next to the skin on the affected areas.

hth

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:42 pm

juboo752 wrote:Not sure i know the answer to this but my dd has had thrush in the past but i have never treated her wool any different to normal as her wool never actually touches her bits where the thrush is iyswim it's just the nappies, liners and wipes i wash at 60 because they are right next to the skin on the affected areas.

hth

WSS. I've never done anything different with my wool when my LOs have had thrush. Wool is naturally antibacterial so I'm sure just washing the nappies, wipes and liners at 60 should be enough.

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:49 pm

Soaking in a vinegar+water solution would help prevent yeast survival and is safe for wool (it's used to fix dyes).

Also sunshine helps to destroy yeast, although I'm not sure you are supposed to do this with pretty coloured woolies in case they fade :-? .

My avatar
cheesebaby
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cheesebaby » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Thanks all, that's useful info. I guess I might be over-reacting a bit (pfb and all that :wink: ), and I think she's also about to pop her 1st tooth, so it might not even be thrush, but I just wanted to know if there was something I could do if necessary iyswim :roll:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat