Clothing swap

My avatar
jennyjanesharp
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Clothing swap

Postby jennyjanesharp » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:20 pm

Hi Ladies!

I am setting up a 'clothing Swap' in My local Town. Where everyone is welcome to come every monday afternoon, and bring their unwanted clothes, maternity clothes, baby equipment (i.e. tens machine), slings and cloth nappies, gain points for every item they bring, and then can 'spend' them on items they want to 'buy' that others have swapped.

I very much want to have cloth nappies availbale for people to try - as I feel that this is one of the biggest hurdles that some people see about using cloth - the expense... but if they can take them and try them, and then use them until their child growns out, and then swap them for a larger size, I feel we would get a lot for clothed bums in my area!

This is something I have decided to take on , and will do it with my DD in Tow!!! - and hopefully get a few more volunteers on board when I get it up and running (hopefully July)

So basically what i'm asking.... Is that if anyone has any cloth nappies or accessories that they can't sell, and would like them to go to a good cause, please consider the swap!

What do you think???? :mrgreen:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Clothing swap

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:10 pm

That sounds fantastic! :D I asked a couple of toddler groups here if we could do something like that, and every one of them murmmured something about insurance and the idea was dismissed :roll:

Swapping cloth nappies sounds fantastic, and its a great way to get people using them too!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat