hf1

Hemp

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Hemp

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:36 am

Okay so I know this question has been asked about a HUNDRED times already but I can't find a thread on it...

So the question is what's better - hemp jersey or hemp fleece?

I am LOVING my blueberry looooong pocket inserts so much I want to make my own... I'm going to get a popper machine off ebay I think (remember some cheap ones a while back) if I can and basically add a looooong tail of hemp to my MF fuzzi inserts...
Failing that I'm just going to make my own hemp boosters...
Probably 2layers only but long so I can fold in half to make 4layers but dry quicker...

Now I think the blueberry inserts are hemp jersey but i'm not 100% sure...

Can anyone help-out here?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:37 am

I'm pretty sure its the hemp fleece I got - its got loops on one side and tshirt material on the other. Its what they use on eh hemp (loop out) and stuffies booster (other side out). I made all mine in 2 layers to fold in 1/2 like the eh hemp. Let me know if you want measurements etc!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:31 am

Would definately like the dimensions (and no.layers) as I'm planning on ordering some fabric as soon as I can get organised...

Also interested in the no.layers and dimensions of the easy-peasy ones...

Do you think they'd need overlocking or would a simple zig-zag stitch over the edges do?

Been a while since I used my sewing machine, hope it's okay under all that dust!! :lol:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:16 am

If you get a heap of hemp fabric and your boosters work well, then send me a message and I might buy some off you. haven't managed to find a place that sells the easy-peasy hemp boosters (or I am being blind when I have looked at websites).

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:45 am

Heh okay! Won't be for a week or two at least tho'...

If you want to buy the easy peasy ones though try their own website...

*www.easypeasynappies.co.uk (remove the star) - click on the link to look at the bamboo nappies (the "go shopping" link doesn't seem to work properly) and go from there, they're in accessories...

Direct link:
*https://sslrelay.com/s130978863.oneandoneshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=154715f4bb652c9/shopdata/index.shopscript (remove the star)

Also plushpants (never used them -just googled easy peasy hemp boosters!) sell them:
*www.plushpants.co.uk/pages/review.php?cat_id=&sub_cat_id=12&prod=449&extra_cat_id=10

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:22 pm

Steph, do you have an EH hemp booster already as thats the pattern I used? If not I'll measure for you, tbh I cut all the wavy bits to make them hourglass when folded but I did one without doing that and it works just as well and even better in some nappies as its a bit wider! I'll measure up a bit later.

I only zigzag stitched all around, they dont' fray anyway (I have a big left over piece that I fold into 6 layers for night nappies that has never been sewn)but if you don't the edges roll.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:27 pm

Only hemp I've got is my lovely blueberry combi hemp and microfibre onesize inserts - am thinking of making something similar but could do with making boosters too...

From the description on the babeco website you've got hemp terry velour, loops one side and smooth the other...

Can't decide what to get now! I think the blueberry ones are jersey material...

What's thinnest?

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:15 pm

Thanks for showing me where they are.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat