aaargh I want to buy flufff!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

aaargh I want to buy flufff!

Postby mabo » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:47 pm

:x

Its not fair - I was all psyched up for being able to go on a huge nappy splurge after our scan last week, and had already started sorting through Anna's nappies incase they said it was going to be a boy so I could sell what I really dont use/need and replace it with boys stuff, but now I cant :-?

And given when this LO is due, it will be an expensive end of year for us anyway with Joshua's birthday in November, the dutch Sinterklaas at the beginning of December and Christmas at the end, so I dont see DH being very happy if I go on a shopping spree then :cry:

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: aaargh I want to buy flufff!

Postby emmajayne33 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:31 am

What a shame!!! You could always sell your least favourite of Anna's fluff and buy some gorgeous new fluff in unisex colours.. that way you get new fluff for the little suprise and after christmas, you can use it as a good excuse to splash out on lots more gorgeous loveliness :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:55 am

Jayne's idea is a good one. You could also buy some plain white nappies and dye them lovely colours once bump has arrived too.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:05 pm

:hug: aww how frustrating! Is there any way you can save up for a Nappy Stash Fund? Imagine you were going to be spending £5-£10 a week on sposies for bump, and try to save that now, along with whatever you can from your maternity grant etc. Or of anyone offers to buy something for the baby, suggest nappy funds? :D You may just have to be creative with unisex nappies until baby arrives too!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:55 pm

Lol, that's an excellent idea!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman