hf1

How many nappies to take on holiday?

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

How many nappies to take on holiday?

Postby clairelana » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:02 am

I have not a clue how many to take it needs to be minimum really.
I'm taking both fitteds and pockets.
I have 3 night nappies with bloomers for over them.
7 fitteds
3 WN AI2's and 1 itty
5 pockets

Is that too many?
We have a washer and they will dry in the sun. I will be washing them everyday. I supose it depends on drying time.

Agggghhhhh HELP............ :hohoho:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: How many nappies to take on holiday?

Postby rhead » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:43 am

I'd have thought that would be enough to wash every 2 days, apart from the night nappies :lol: - they'd be my worry as they can be very slow-drying (mine usually take 2 days even with a brief tumble :-?). I'd throw in an extra night nappy just in case (also, just in case there's an unforeseen late poo!), and probably go heavy on pockets/AI2s with quick-drying inserts (even hemp should dry in a day as long as it's the sort of insert you can unfold), and just bring a couple of super-absorbent fitteds for if you need them to last a good while.

If you're going to wash every day though, I'd say maybe 12 day nappies (including some that you know will dry super quickly) and 4 night?

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:01 am

That sounds plenty I think, you could maybe get away with less?
We go away this Saturday (just to Scotland), I need to get all my nappies washed and sorted!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:23 am

hmmm i was just pondering the same thing
i was thinking
2 nn
all my ittis -6 and 2 on the way
ff and jr for fitteds and maybe a couple of my nicer pockets-?WN although i am not getting a good fit with these at the mo

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:40 am

That sounds like enough to me, although I'd probably add an extra night nappy jic.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:17 am

I think that sounds ok, I don't think I will be taking that many away with us though, my worry is them getting really smelly in the sun!!!!!!!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:17 am

cherobanne wrote:That sounds plenty I think, you could maybe get away with less?
We go away this Saturday (just to Scotland), I need to get all my nappies washed and sorted!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Take your entire stash, the weather is gash up here today!!! :giggle: so no out door drying!

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:05 am

Kirstyh wrote:
cherobanne wrote:That sounds plenty I think, you could maybe get away with less?

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Take your entire stash, the weather is gash up here today!!! :giggle: so no out door drying!

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: WSS I'm in millport in Scotland atm, and having washed my nappies I'm watching them dry incredibly slowly on an airer... it's bucketing down and blowing a gale outside... Hope I don't run out :-?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:12 am

I think that will be more than enough but if your NN do take awhile maybe chuck another one in just incase.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat