hf1

If you don't have a change table

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: If you don't have a change table

Postby beffys » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:49 pm

We have this. It was my book shelf, but Ella gradually took it over as she got taller and could reach my stuff :lol: . It matches her cotbed anyway so will go in her room once we move to a bigger place.

She has soft toys on bottom shelf, her books on next shelf so she can reach all those atm. Then pocket nappies, wool and wipes on 3rd, then night nappies, muslims, cloths, medicines, creams, bath stuff, etc on top shelf. Bucket of nappies sits on the top well out of reach. So does our Yukka after Ella tipped it over a few times and started digging out the earth :hohoho: . I tend to change Ella on the floor with change mat or standing if only wet and she is particularly squirmy.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:17 pm

clothmama wrote:This store has just opened this week - I want one but with only night nappies may be a bit of an extravagance!!!

http://www.nappywardrobe.co.uk/

I think there may be some ladies on here who need the double wardrobe :giggle: Its cute, but I think Ikea could sell some stuff that would do a much better job! I have actually tried to "design" how a perfect Ikea nappy untit might look like... :oops: but never got around to buying it.

All my nappies are currently stored on the clotheshorse where they dry or the floor around the clotheshorse :oops: :oops: I have been lazy for the past week or so!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:23 pm

gayleygoo wrote:
clothmama wrote:This store has just opened this week - I want one but with only night nappies may be a bit of an extravagance!!!

http://www.nappywardrobe.co.uk/

I think there may be some ladies on here who need the double wardrobe :giggle: Its cute, but I think Ikea could sell some stuff that would do a much better job! I have actually tried to "design" how a perfect Ikea nappy untit might look like... :oops: but never got around to buying it.

All my nappies are currently stored on the clotheshorse where they dry or the floor around the clotheshorse :oops: :oops: I have been lazy for the past week or so!

Im quite lazy, mine spend alot of their life in a washing basket waiting to be sorted

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:16 am

I have storage ladder on it's way to me too... an't wait to organise my nappies, then lovingly gaze at them :giggle: :oops:

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:40 pm

There are a few things I would like to share with you - the nappy wardrobe is a new idea and a bit scary to be honest to produce such a geeky item - I know you can buy cheap storage anywhere and furniture sales wasn;t what I had in mind, being a cloth nappy seller by trade, but without testing the water and finally leaping in without any arm bands, I decided to go for it. I just didn't want to regret not doing it!

A few thoughts:

If you want MDF goods that are shipped across the world and you have to build yourself, then thats fine.

Alot of people want goods that are well made out of wood, in the UK, supporting small UK businesses. The pic on the site is the last prototype - not the final ones which are due to arrive next week. The new ones are lush - all farrow & ball paint and great finish. Also the new price is £199! (bit of a jump!)

It is a small unit with a drawer at the bottom for your bits & pieces, 2 shelves and a hanging rail to hang up your favourite nappies or covers. I also sell becohangers to hang up your stuff!

I decided to design it because alot of people talked about having a nappy wardrobe where they could display their nappies and that was made out of solid wood in a choice of colour that fitted into their home and could serve a purpose after the baby was out of nappies. The GeekBoutique - which is the open unit is designed for people who want to show off their nappies!

I have had a great response to them and have two main nappy sellers ready to stock them. I may not make my millions but atleast I have followed through an idea rather than regretting it later! CNT have been really supportive too, which has been great.

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:14 pm

And ... :idea:

It is one of many storage solutions offered - I also have baskets, bags and trugs - which are also great to use as a washing basket to hang your nappies out! If you have any other suggestions, or ideas, I would happily source them for you or get something made. :idea: Nappy storage is the concept - I love the idea of the ladder - thats cool 8-)

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:15 pm

Louise wrote:
Frances wrote: Other mums use plastic storage 'ladders' that hang on the back of the bedroom door.

WSS. I've got 3 - 1 for pockets and AI2s, one for fitteds and one for woollies. Here's one of them

OMG Louise :shock: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:13 pm

At the moment ours are stored in a big plastic box but Wilko's have sets of plastic drawers fairly cheap so I think I'm going to ge a couple of those then I can have a drawer for pockets a drawer for accessories, etc (yes I'm that sad :oops: ) plus once the nappies are no longer needed I'm sure that toys can be nicely accomadated in them :wine:

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Just to update you - I sold 3! :giggle: Am now not selling any storage stuff apart from the Monkey Foot Wet Bags!

Mine are obviously in a nappywardrobe! :giggle:

Ancient Wisdom is a great source of storage products btw :D

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat