Not really the place to ask ......

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Not really the place to ask ......

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:21 pm

but I don't know who else to ask :oops: :oops:

We're going to Italy in a few weeks, and I think we're going to use diposables, but I haven't a clue what size to buy, I've only ever used size 1s on Summer I bought 1 pack before she was born and that's it! I've looked at the weights on them but as we all know you can't judge a LO by their weight for sizing, size 3 say 9-20lb, and size 4 say either 15-40lb or 18-40lb, but I really can't see anything that would fit Jak (whos 40lb) fitting Summer well, she's 17lb!

Anyway what I really wanted to ask is does anyone have a LO who fits in most medium SS nappies on the tightest snaps (they come up just below her belly button) and know what size despicables fit their LO, or even at the big end of small nappies, she still fits small fuzzis, small blueberries and small WNSSs on the middle snaps.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Not really the place to ask ......

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:29 pm

We have some upstairs for long car journeys and they are a size 3 I think, will double check with Craig when he gets in as he bought them. x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:30 pm

cheers hun

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:36 pm

I'd proberlly say size 3 too.

Kaydi and Lana both fit in size 5's I sometimes get size 6 for Lana.
Lana uses them at night and refuses to wear cloth :cry:
I must say tescos own are quite good rather than spending a fortune on the branded ones :wink: I use tescos pull ups for Lana.

hth

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:40 pm

I always used asda ones on Jak when I was getting stressed with his wetting, I actually have 2 packs of size 6s here, but they'd drown Summer, not sure they will ever fit her, don't really know what to do with them!

My avatar
SunflowerG
Clothie
Clothie

Postby SunflowerG » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:04 pm

I'd go for size 4, DD's 18lb and been on them for 3 months (always keep some as DP says it's a pity to spoil the pretty (cloth) nappies when he knows she's about to do a poo first thing in the morning :hohoho: ) - we use huggies or nature babies as they have the elasticated back like cloth. Huggies are exactly the same in Italy, by the way, pampers are slightly different, but in general nappies there are more expensive. where are you going? we're off there too in a few weeks, but this time bringing cloth as we're going for a month and need to show off :wink:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:07 pm

Do you know anyone with a LO in sposies that you could borrow one from to see how it fits her?

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:28 pm

would say a 4 too. a 4 fits dan, 17lb and bailey 24 lbs

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:57 pm

I agree with the size 4. I think that is what my mum has had Blake in for months and months when he is there.

edited to say - i vaguely remember having Toby in size 4+ really early as the size 3 and 4 just couldn't last overnight. If she is a heavy wetter size 3 may not be absorbent enough.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat