I think I've lost my nerve

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: I think I've lost my nerve

Postby weefywoo » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:03 pm

:hug:
I waited a week with Imogen but had wanted to do it with Aoife when she was small, I bought a few but at the time it was not for us so gave them away!! Hope you sell what you want & come back if you change your mind.
We did start with 2 parters it was much easier (I found) esp with all the one hundred thousand things to do when you have a new baby, then when Imogen was bigger and more settled into her new life we went on to Itti's, pockets etc.
Do what is right for you and enjoy your gorgeous baby.

Frances x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:06 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:Itti and had to take it off straight away as it was too big on the legs but too small on the waiste

That's how itti's fitted Grace sadly - she fits lots of other nappies though!

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby jules070603 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:40 pm

Don't worry, its not all or nothing.

I bought a lot of nappies for Zach when he was tiny, got the 'OMG I'm a mum' shock and never use them. I sold them on and eventually came back to them when Zach was coming up to 10 months old. I used them from birth with Imogen, she has been in the odd disposable while we got nights sorted.

Honestly, I'm glad I got tiny bimbles etc as I do prefer the trimmer look so sized nappies suit us better. You'd be suprised how quick they grow and how fast the time passes. Maybe it'd be worth keeping hold of them and trying again when things settle down with baby.

xxx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:22 pm

jules070603 wrote:Don't worry, its not all or nothing.

I bought a lot of nappies for Zach when he was tiny, got the 'OMG I'm a mum' shock and never use them. I sold them on and eventually came back to them when Zach was coming up to 10 months old.

I second this - I bought a BTP pack of prefolds for Isabelle and being prem she didn't fit them to start with, and when she did we'd got used to disps and also discovered how prone to leaking they were :roll: so we didn't start getting into 'proper' cloth until 5/6 months old with Isabelle...

Thankfully my experience shows this time and we've not used a single disp on Grace but I have LOADS of different ones so could always find one to fit well :giggle:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:27 pm

:hug: :hug:

Many nappies are just too big on newborns, i found most of mine didn't fit until Molly was about 2 months old,especially the BTP ones. I used terries (and they were the thin mothercare ones, so not too bulky) and they're surprisingly easy to fold once you get the hang of it! and boosted muslins work well too. I prefer fitteds to pockets as they have a snugger fit on tiny waists and thighs and hold in the runny poo better!

The early weeks with a small baby are difficult and exhausting, so dont worry if you use sposies for a while, or along with clothies. You might find that after a few weeks they will all fit better and you'll start to like them!

If you are considering buying new nappies, you might like to try size 1 diddy diapers or bimbles. They're quite cheap, and easily sold on once they're grown out of.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat