hf1

Any ideas about making nappies last longer? Help!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Any ideas about making nappies last longer? Help!

Postby tanya » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:35 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
tanya2007 wrote:Well, I have definitely just confirmed Bella is drinking lots from thirst rather than for the taste. I just gave her a cup of water and she drained it :shock: I sometimes wonder if there is something wrong with her to want/need to drink that much :-?

It probably isn't anything to worry about but it might be worth mentioning to the GP or HV just incase as I know excessive thirst and weeing a lot is an indication of diabetes in adults (don't know if the same applies to kiddlies but I'd guess so)...

Hmm, I had thought about that. I might take her to the GP next week

:oops: :oops: Sorry Nichola for hijacking your thread :oops: :oops:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:31 pm

Interesting point about activity levels, Hanna. Iris hasn't been still since she learned how to move. :giggle: She's constantly on the go, so that's something to bear in mind.

Our NL are very reliable at the moment. We use larges, so there's lots of bamboo there. I guess I still (despite trying not to!) think of Iris as a tiny baby. But she's really not. She still seems too small to be wetting like she is. After all, Bella and Jak (for example) are quite a lot older than her- it makes sense that when they flood a nappy, they really flood it. But I know she does have some bladder control. She had an unfortunate nappy-free incident (in the kitchen happily!) and I was amazed at how much there was to mop up.

It can be frustrating stuff, this cloth nappy malarkey. :giggle:

No worries, Tanya. :)

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:46 pm

Soupdragon wrote: I guess I still (despite trying not to!) think of Iris as a tiny baby. But she's really not.

I can understand that, my baby is getting big too :cry: :cry:

Jak was soaking nappies from around 9 months, I don't think it's an age thing, Summer wets less now than when she was smaller!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Well, Iris' wetting is now getting completely out of hand. :( I'm going to have to admit defeat on the pocket front and move exclusively to fitteds. At least for the time being. She outpeed a hemp Wonderfulls and bamboo booster in a little under 2 and a half hours this morning. And in 2 hours 45 minutes this afternoon she'd outpeed a Big Weed and bamboo booster. One was in a Blueberry, the other a WNOS. I've had to change her trousers on both occasions as they were soaked. The Big Weed was literally dripping wet. The Wonderfulls wasn't quite wet at the very, very back. Which leads me to think she's just flooding them and the stuffing can't cope. So I don't think there's a lot more that I can try on the pocket front. :(

And she also woke up at a little after midnight last night; I think she'd had a bad dream, as it took a while to settle her and I ended up changing her just to make sure she was as comfortable as she could be. The nappy that I put on at 12.30 am was bone dry when I changed her out of it at 8 am. The child has bladder control. :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: :x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:07 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know how you feel, I was GUTTED when I had to put Jak's BBs away, hopefully it's just a phase and she'll be back in her pockets soon!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:24 pm

I actually prefer her in fitteds and wool. She hasn't had a sore bum at all since being in them and they mostly cope with her weeing. I admit, they are struggling atm as she's drinking sooo much, but I can boost them to get around that.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:30 pm

I think I would have struggled even more if I used wool, as I had to boost outside the nappy as well as in, I always used a big weed between the nappy and the wrap, :gaah: sooo glad he's out of nappies, it's so much more fun nappying Summer who is a very light wetter I have now decided, apart from at night!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:22 pm

This is the thing that scares me, Hanna. What if Iris decides not to potty train until she's about 3? How much boosting am I going to need for her? She's so thin that I can't really boost inside a fitted nappy. It's not a problem at the moment. Her WN NL and our OBV nappies seem to be coping, but if this gets worse ... I don't want to think about it. Her poor bum's going to be the size of a small country.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:03 pm

How are you BGs coping?? I would imagine you could get quite a bit in and still be quite slim, Summer normally has at least 2 boosters in hers at night, normally a petit dessous bamboo and 2 EP hemp, but you could replace the 2 EP hemp for a big weed, do you have any petit dessous bamboo boosters, they are lovely and slim but soooo absorbent!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat