hf1

Too hot for cloth?

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Too hot for cloth?

Postby becsom » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:05 pm

When I went to check on the girls in bed last night, I felt Nell's legs and arms (very warm) then couldn't help myself and had a quick feel inside the back of her Weenotions Night Notion covered by wool [yes - I know I'm a weirdo] and her little bum was.......lovely and cool!! :wine:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:10 pm

i checked dans legs earlier, thinking the wool would make him hot but his legs were lovely and cool!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:17 pm

Would you rather wear plastic gel-filled pants in this hot sweaty weather?
Or nice soft cloth?

;)

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:53 am

Velvetsteph wrote:Would you rather wear plastic gel-filled pants in this hot sweaty weather?
;)

That made me :hohoho:

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby squidsin » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:14 pm

I only have pockets though, which have a PUL (plastic) layer. Surely that gets pretty sweaty? He certainly feels cooler in the sposie (and it's an eco one so not totally eeeevil.)

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:19 pm

But PUL is breathable plastic, unlike the stuff generally used in sposies.

Bella was in sposies over the weekend whilst she visited her grandparents, and gave an audible sigh of relief when I changed her into a 'proper' nappy. She kept stroking her Mappy pile too (she can't quite say nappy :giggle: )

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:03 pm

squidsin wrote:I only have pockets though, which have a PUL (plastic) layer. Surely that gets pretty sweaty? He certainly feels cooler in the sposie (and it's an eco one so not totally eeeevil.)

I wouldn't feel too bad about using sposies when you want to/need to (I just got through a whole load of them on holiday when we didn't have facities for washing :oops: )

But if you want to try a fitted night nappy + wool for night times, you'd probably find something cheap on the classifieds board. Wool is cool 8) :giggle:

My avatar
mum2three
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mum2three » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:10 pm

emily is potty training so she has been in the nude i lot this month.
joseph has been naked all day because of the heat he was ill this morning and he was so sick at dinna so i took his nappy off and let him cwarl around a bit.

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:46 pm

Findlay gets all sweaty round his 'marbles' in sposies in this weather (plus he leaks everywhere out of them!) but stays lovely and sweat free and leak free in his v cute proper nappies :D :D

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat