hf1

what swim nappy?

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

what swim nappy?

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:42 pm

hello i need to find a swim nappy as we spend alot of tiem in garden and beach so i bought a uv sunsuit thingy but you can't really put it over a reusable so have bene using sposies but was thinking of a swim nappy but dunno where to start looking lol

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: what swim nappy?

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:30 pm

Motherease swim nappies are lovely.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:32 pm

oh are they absorbent i have got a kushies one but its only got mesh inside with a small bit of terry towllening which is very thin :-?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:11 am

Are swim nappies absorbant? I know the one we had was just the mesh inside as they are designed for using in the swimming pool / sea where they hold in any #2s rather than absorb wee - as the nappy would get sopping wet with the water from the pool anyway so wouldnt absorb the wee - does that make sense?

Last year when Evie was in nappies, I used a 2 part sun safe suit (separate top and trousers) that fitted perfectly over her normal nappies. I got ours from Dunnes Stores but I know Next have some.

Sadie xx

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:10 am

oh his one is from next but a al in 1 maybe i should just strech it more lol how do you wash the sunsuits if u wash them with detergent will it stop it from being sunsafe iyswim haven't washed it yet lol

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:13 am

I just wash Evies in normal detergent in the machine. Its the material itself rather than a coating on the fabric that keeps out the UV rays, so washing it normally wont remove any of the protection :)

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:34 am

ahh thanks think i might just try really strechign it but may use kushie swim nappy to try does the wee just go into the water with a swim nappy :-?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:20 pm

IMO the best way of viewing swim nappies are filters, like Sadie said to stop poo going in the water, but wee just comes out. If you want to use the uv sunsuit for outside play, then a normal nappy I'm guessing would be worn under it, but when in water a swim nappy or just unstuffed pocket could be worn.

We have various swim nappies - zoggs, boots, mothercare, toysrus and cotton bottoms. Some are just mesh, others have a layer of toweling in.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:49 pm

ahh thanks i have already sent my ma into mothercare to get one now so it will still look cute but he doesn't really like the water so i sit him in a dinghy in the paddling pool so swim nappy is defeating point really now never mind lol

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat