hf1

What is your argument to buy more fluff?

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

What is your argument to buy more fluff?

Postby mabo » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:50 am

Ok, so I think a fair few of us own more nappies than we really need, yet we keep on buying them. So what is your argument to justify it to DH - if you do at all, I have been known to hide new fluff immediately and then claim we've had it for ages when it gets spotted in the wash :giggle:

My excuse these days is of course that I dont have any small fluff as Anna was 8 months when we started - although that seems to be falling on deaf ears as DH just replies that I should just make them myself instead (he clearly doesnt understand the difference between making some of your own, and buying new...)

Anyway, I saw this on another board which made me laugh:

everytime my DH says i don't need any more i say he doesn't need any more beer. End of arguement

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: What is your argument to buy more fluff?

Postby emmalala » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:52 am

:giggle: :giggle: ive said the beer one before. and i try convincing him we're saving money, we were spending £18 a week on nappies for 2 kids :shock:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:53 am

I don't excuse it, it's my money and I spend it as I please!

ETA, that may have come across a little childish, we split all the bills, rent and food shop, but then keep the rest of our money as our own IYKWIM!

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:07 pm

I just say that as he won't have any more children I am making the most of Blake being a baby!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:51 pm

We dont really have that argument either as like Hanna, we each have our own money after the rent and bills are paid and we save what we can, but DP spends his on plenty of stuff that i would consider "useless" and also on beer etc. He loves military souveiners, knives, bodhrans, homebrewing stuff, buckfast and whiskey. :roll:

But as the budget is tight at the minute, i feel i have to justify the things i buy to myself :oops: which i do with paypal funds. If it doesnt come out of my bank account, its not really money :giggle:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:31 pm

With the amount DH spends on his own hobbies I don't think he'd dare question what I spend on nappies (I was going to say 'on Lili,' but who am I kidding :hohoho:). He doesn't really bring in any money anyway - the nursery pays for itself and occasional household expenses but doesn't really pay either of us a salary - so 'his' money is basically 2/3 of the family allowance and various benefits we get, which fortunately is enough for us to more or less live on (I get 1/3 to go toward groceries, and he uses the rest to pay all the bills - and fund his hobbies :roll:).

I take reeeeally good care of my nappies as well (sorry, LILI's nappies :giggle:), and having a huge stash contributes to them staying in excellent condition (less wear!), so I know I'll be able to sell them all at the end :cry: and get back a good percentage of what I've spent.

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:37 pm

mabo wrote:I have been known to hide new fluff immediately and then claim we've had it for ages when it gets spotted in the wash :giggle:

I've done this :giggle: OH never changes nappies, so hwe hasn't a clue what I have and haven't got. I tell him things like 'the shape of his legs have changed' and therefore we obviously need some more nappies. He hasn't a clue so just takes my word for it :oops: :giggle:

He hasn't a clue how much they cost though, if he did I think he'd have alot more to say about it!!!!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat