Best nappies for 23 month old

My avatar
clarahj
Clothie
Clothie

Best nappies for 23 month old

Postby clarahj » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Hello all
I would love to hear your advice and opinions on this one please!

What are your top nappies for a toddler? I am guessing he will be potty trained in 6 - 10 months so dont want to spend a fortune.
We have always used MEOS, Bamboozles and Swaddlebees OV with Weenotions wraps, but now they dont seem to do the trick at all (although waiting for large Swaddlebees in the post so maybe they will be OK).
He especially objects to the MEOS, i think he may find the two part thing bulky and annoying, and for the first time ever we have had leaks with a Weenotions wrap!

Anyway - what shall i try. We used FB when he was smaller with some success - should i return to pockets?

Would love to hear your experiences of toddler nappying please :D

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Best nappies for 23 month old

Postby flutterby » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:01 pm

What is your problem exactly, is it just your LO objecting, or his he out weeing them?

My avatar
clarahj
Clothie
Clothie

Postby clarahj » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:14 pm

Both really, but him objecting is most pressing i suppose! But he does wee out of the MEOS, this is overcome by frequent changing but it would be nice for a nappy to last more than an hour or so. I stick a couple of boosters in, but dont want to go mad!
I am looking forward to my large swaddlebees coming, as i love my Weenotions wraps and dont want to have to get rid!
Are pockets better with toddlers do you think?
I thought it would be interesting to find out what others use with the big ones?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:21 pm

I could never use pockets on Jak he's outwee them with a single wee MEOS I can't imagine are the most absorbent nappies as they are just cotton (unless you have the bamboo ones) I used to like WNNLs on Jak, and swaddlebees OS (more layers than the sidesnaps)

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:25 pm

What Hanna said really, Abbie always outwee's pockets, so we use fitteds on her. WNNL and Puddlekins are both fab nappies... :)

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:17 pm

So is it a medium swaddlebees OV you have? My DD is 23 months and has been in large nappies for a year probably! She is not a heavy wetter but i dont think a cotton MEOS would last very long on her either :-? and swaddlebees are just cotton velour too, so although they're soft and organic, they're not very absorbent.

Weenotions Northern lights are very absorbent, and if you're not looking anything fancy then they are a good price :D or upsy daisy nappies (although i havent tried any yet) would be too. They have a good resale value too so if you're not going to be using them for very long you wont lose out!

If you have any pocket nappies, i can recommend bluberry inserts and they are easily boosted if needed. again, weenotions pockets are very reliable, as are bumgenius nappies.

Have you considered using wool over fitted nappies instead of wraps? Much better resistance to leaks, and Ive hardly used wraps at all over fitteds in the past 6 months because i love the wool so much! and a pair of longies or shorties can be worn long after a child has PT!

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:06 pm

My toddlers are both heavy wetters. We use pockets sometimes and have found fuzzis and UD to be most reliable. For fitteds I have found a toddlerease with a bamboo booster works really well on Will. He is really tall and has been in 2 yr trousers since 18 months. We hardly ever use pul wraps but found motherease the most realiable. I've found you can't really beat wool. You can also get bamboo toddlerease which with the bamboo booster have lasted for 5 hours with an unscheduled nap.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat