hf1

Does your child get red leg marks?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Does your child get red leg marks?

Postby nic1 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:50 am

Evies nappy that i took off this morning was more wet than the previous night in cloth, still didn't leak out of the wrap or anything but was rather sopping and when i took her nappy off she was dancing around saying 'ow ow ow'. Her thighs have red marks where the nappy has been so not sure whether it was on too tight (don't think it was but still....) so just wondering how many babies/toddlers on here suffer with red leg marks at top of thighs were nappy has been?

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Re: Does your child get red leg marks?

Postby Allie » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:53 am

Harriet gets them sometimes if it's been really warm during the night, but only if she's been wearing pockets. She's fine in wool. We don't use PUL wraps only wool at night.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:59 am

mine only get them if the nappy has been too tight.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:00 am

Thanks Allie, it was a PUL wrap with fleece outer from WN so will try the dolphin one you loaned me tonight and see how that fares. Just don't want Evie to be sore so will try different avenues tonight. I sooo want cloth to work for us at night as i hate her having disps on and it goes against what i love and know is best.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:00 am

emmalala wrote:mine only get them if the nappy has been too tight.

Thanks Emma, will try the looser settings tonight to see if that helps.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:22 am

Do you mean all the way around or just on the inside of her thighs? I get red all around if a nappy or wrap is too tight. He does sometimes get a red rub mark between his thighs if he has been walking a round for a while before waking me up :roll:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:28 am

Bella sometimes gets them if the nappy has been on too tight - she's at that awkward stage where one set of poppers is too tight and the other is too loose, so I make sure she is changed more frequently. Doesn't really help with nights though.

Could be the bindings on the WN PUL wrap. There have been quite a few comments made about them.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:56 am

Blake gets marks occasionally if DH puts a WN or ME Airflow wrap on him as I think he puts them on too tightly.

But, I find these don't leak even if they are on really loosely.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:01 am

tanya2007 wrote:Could be the bindings on the WN PUL wrap. There have been quite a few comments made about them.

Could be, will try a different wrap tonight (only have 2) and see if that helps. Might have been the wrap too tight maybe, will try different settlings and go from there. Thanks ladies for your help

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat