Does your child get red leg marks?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Does your child get red leg marks?

Postby babyroo » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:21 am

nic1 wrote:
tanya2007 wrote:Could be the bindings on the WN PUL wrap. There have been quite a few comments made about them.

Could be, will try a different wrap tonight (only have 2) and see if that helps. Might have been the wrap too tight maybe, will try different settlings and go from there. Thanks ladies for your help

i've got a large couche cover you can try if you like?

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:33 am

Hi - we are new to cloth.. couple weeks in, and Dylan gets red marks too... I think his are to do with tightness though, have literally just put on a post about it, he is real skinny so if the nappy is a larger one, to fit his height and weight, i have to do it up real tight and makes the leg holes too small! Need a solution!

Dylan also gets a bit fo a red bum, not sure if this is more to do with the weather, he never ever got nappy rash in sposies though, in a year, and now he has had it more than once in a couple of weeks. Even gets a red end of his winkle... DO I just need more absorbancy or change more often? Sorry to hijack your post there! :-)

Cara

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:56 am

Georgia did when we were using fitteds with wool, I now use large fuzzis on her, they are a very generous fit but don't leave any marks. Maybe try things looser or bigger nappies?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:11 pm

The only fitted that didnt give Evie red marks was the EH Bumhuggers, I guessed it was due to the frilled leg opening meaning it wasnt rubbing on her legs while she slept. Could you try cutting out a huge fleece liner that would hang out of the leg openings so that the actual nappy doesnt touch her skin and tucking it inside the wrap?

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi Nic

as a pp said mine get them if the nappy has been fastened too tight.

Lisa x

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:33 pm

YEs on her inner thighs. She suffers from eczema and she gets SOOO sore when i use wraps so i have had to leave them out now. She gets sore in pockets too... she seems okish in fitteds and wool. Her legs would always be sore there because of her allergies and skin type anyway..

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:56 pm

We haven't done for AGES but all of a sudden the last few days we have done - I wonder if she has been super sweaty at night and that's mixed with wee and irritated her skin...
Isabelle is only in fitteds with wool now as I don't have any big enough wraps and pockets just leak...

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:59 am

How did it go last night Nic? Did Evie get any red marks with the different combo?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:04 pm

scrunchkins wrote:How did it go last night Nic? Did Evie get any red marks with the different combo?

Not as bad no, so will try the dolphin wrap again as soon as it's washed. I think the WN bindings are the cause but will try the dolphin wrap few more times and see what her legs are like and go from there. I only have 2 wraps at minute so may handwash the dolphin one so i can use that again tonight. Thanks for asking Allie :D

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat