hf1

after my little experiment today

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

after my little experiment today

Postby babyjjbaby » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:07 pm

i will try and never put him in a nappy without a fleece liner and think pocket nappys must be alot comfier than a sqaure with a middle bit of liner i was trying to decide if i was a baby if i would prefer sposies or cloth by pouring water into the nappy and then putting it over my hand yes i know i am weird lol :hohoho: nad the sposie did feel dryer but not much with a fleece liner on sqaure and it was quite surprising that most nappies struggled to hold 9 oz of water apart from flutterby fluffs which was only damp in one patch

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: after my little experiment today

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:32 pm

We used sposies when we were at my mums last week and they are awful, Gracie got a sweat rash on her front bum and she has bruises on her bottom from falling down as she didn't have the padding she normally has. In the morning the nasty gel stuff in the sposies was all bunched up and they stunk so bad. x

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:43 pm

yep tahts one thing i found when i poured teh water onto the sposie was how it went all lumpy yuck

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:17 pm

Kirstyh wrote: she has bruises on her bottom from falling down as she didn't have the padding she normally has

Awww, poor little thing :hug: :hug:

My avatar
jennyjanesharp
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby jennyjanesharp » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:06 pm

yeah, we used them the other day when we went to in laws, and we kept thinking she had done a poo, they stank so much. AND she could sit up properly! I think her fitteds give her some leverage!!!!! :hohoho:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:12 pm

We were the same last weekend when we went away to a hotel. Couldn't use cloth, so had to go sposie and the smell :puke: :puke: I spent the entire first day checking whether he'd pooped :roll: . He had a good few bruises on his bum from that weekend too due to playing with his cousins and not having the usual padding.

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby samandsally » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:33 am

Us too, we just spent 4 days away and me, my husband and big girl all hated the smell of the disposables and they left red marks. We were all pleased to put cloth back on him, sure he was too.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:51 am

sposies reek really bad. the reason i switched to cloth was because dan kept getting sore and i treid one on him and haven't looked back! no more smelly red sore bums.

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby pookie3101 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:50 pm

I did an experiment on night nappies once v a sposie. I kept pouring water onto a Nightnotions and a Pampers Baby Dry. they both took the same amount of fluid roughly but the sposie burst under pressure & weighed a lot more than the cloth with the same amount of water

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat