Question about minki nappies.

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Question about minki nappies.

Postby Pinchette » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:35 pm

Hello,

I have a minki pocket that I absolutely love and use at night but I need the next size up.
I've been browsing their website and was wondering whether to get a slinky one or a standard one again.
Is the slinki as performant as the standard and can it be well boosted like the standard one does. I currently stuff my standard with 3 inserts. One cotton, one mf and one hemp.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Gisele

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:14 pm

Is the slinki one without the crossover velcro tabs? If it is then i have the slinki (non crossover tabs one) and i get loads in my pocket. I use mine as night nappies so they do take lots of boosting. :D HTH

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:30 pm

i have a large slinki minki which i stuff with HUGE amounts for nights when David or someone other than me is going to be putting to bed.
very reliable, i find the sizing a bit dodgy, he has been in a large for ages and ages (since he was 6 months old) and is not whereing larges of anything else even now.
tbh its not my favourite nappy, but its soo useful that i could never get rid of it
hth
shevi
ps. i boost mine with either 2 hemp babies bigger weeds or 1 bamboo square and 1 bigger weeds or other stuff of equal hugeness, so your boosting should fit ok too

My avatar
sjb2711
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

What am I doing wrong?

Postby sjb2711 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:29 pm

I've had real problems with my slinki minki that I use on my 3 and half year old at night. They leak - argh!!!!!!!!! I've resorted to putting a motherease large outer wrap over the top to help prevent leaks.

PS I use terry shaped boosters in the pocket.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:43 pm

The slinki larges are saller than the standard larges!

e.g. my 8 month old gorls currently wear a med standard (new style pink with sheep on!!) and they also fit into a large slinki (older ones rainbow stripes!!) however I have recently bought a large slinki (pastel handprints) and it is huge on them and a large standard I had (demin older!) was far too big for my chunky 2 year old still!!!

The sizing can be a bit hit and miss in both styles I have found! but saying that both the standard and the slinki can be stuffed loads (we currently stuff with 2 pad folded bamboo terrys!) and imo both work just as well although personally I think I prefer the fit of the standards on my girls!!

hth

jan x

My avatar
flamesparrow
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby flamesparrow » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:52 pm

I prefer the crossoverableness of the standards

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:15 am

I have one slinki and it leaked at night whereas the standards don't! It's not as high in the rise and doesn't seem to fit as snug without the cross over tabs. Flynn leaks at the front top so I need a nice high rise though.

On the site they say it is more a daytime nappy because it's a trimmer fit - but it's still as bulky as the standard so might be hard to get clothes over! I just keep mine as a spare for in the house.

Also there is less room for adjustment as the tabs meet rather than cross over - so no good if it's a wee bit big. Not a problem for Flynn as you can see (large Slinki) -

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:54 pm

I've got one standard and one slinki minki, and only use the standard at night. As it's a higher rise and more adjustable I find it works really well for us. Haven't tried the slinki at night as I don't think the fit is as good and wouldn't want to risk it. It is bulky, so it's more a summer nappy for us, worn just with a t-shirt, rather than trying to get trousers over it.

Amanda x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat