hf1

Argh! Struggling a bit

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Argh! Struggling a bit

Postby squidsin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Thanks SO much for all the advice and support! I feel more human today - despite the cat doing a poo on our bed at 4.30am! I think she's a bit threatened by our new arrival. Not the best start to the day, but hey!
Will be heeding all advice. I really want reusables to work, I guess I am finding this 'motherhood' business more of a minefield than I expected! Naive of me, huh...
xx

My avatar
LloydyG
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LloydyG » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:07 pm

It totally is such a huge culture shock, but slowly gets better. My friend, who got me into cloth nappies a few months ago, said she had her LO in eco-disposables for the first 6 weeks, just to give herself a chance to get used to everything. She has used cloth ever since. Hope you are having a better day today.
Laura x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:24 pm

:cnthug: glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today. As the others have said cut yourself some slack - you are doing great and it is really tough the first while so just do what you need to do to get through it.

There are lots on here with new babies too so you'll always find some adult company around the forum (and it's not all nappies!!) :hug:

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:54 pm

So glad to hear you're feeling a bit more human today - except for the cat!!! lol Mine leaves mice for me on the pillow for when I wake up! I sometimes wonder why we have animals!
It will get easier, I promise. These first few weeks pass in a blur, you've so much to take in. Just take it easy and enjoy your little one. You're doing a great job. :hug:

Cathleen xx

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat