hf1

Argh! Struggling a bit

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Argh! Struggling a bit

Postby cat27m » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:02 pm

Just to agree with Tanya, if the MEOS are not the ones with the stay dry lining then a fleece liner might be the way to go if he's particularly sensitive to being wet. He will get used to it. It won't make him too hot. It's been proven that the temp. inside a cloth nappy is at least 1 to 2 degrees cooler than inside a disposable so you don't need to worry about him getting too hot.
Just remember you need to take care of yourself first, don't feel that you have to do everything straight away. You've had a rough time by the sounds of it so maybe taking a break from cloth for a few days might help. Or even just try one or two a day until you're feeling slightly more like yourself. I can sympathise as I had a horrendous birth with my DS which resulted in a Emergency CSection, hence the reason I didn't start him with cloth until he was about 3-4 weeks old.
I would definately try boosting the MEOS though as hopefully that will be enough.
Let us know how you get on. :hug:
Cathleen xx

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:06 pm

Aww i know they can seem too hot, but if fabric is wet it doesnt keep in heat, so no matter how layers of nappy there are on your baby, he wont be too hot. Weenotions northern lights are super-absorbent nappies, although may be bulky on a 2-week old.

:hug: :hug: its hard being a new mum, the first few weeks are always exhausting but dont be pressuring yourself to do too much. Once you get into the swing of using cloth nappies, it doesnt become such chore and many people start to enjoy their nappy routine :D But in the early weeks of motherhood any task becomes a million times harder :hug: Dont worry about not using your cloth if you dont have enough nappies or you are just too tired!

Oh and daytime TV!! I watched an awful lot of that for a long time, to the point where I can't even stand to see Jeremy Kyles face anymore, never mind listen to his voice :roll: I went out to the newsagent and armed myself with several magazines and newspapers a week and started :knit: to keep myself occupied!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:10 pm

I spent 3 months on the sofa :bf: and watching Maury!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:13 pm

:hug: :hug: Aww hun sorry to hear about you bad labour experience. If you feel you need to take a break from cloth for a few days then do it. We only used cloth part time at first and then ventured into cloth at night after a while. Wool is fantastic at night, I think there might be some small woolies in the classifieds if not put an ad in the wanteds. Bamboo sandys are great for night and don't need a massive amount of boosting. xx

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:23 pm

Frances wrote:I spent 3 months on the sofa :bf: and watching Maury!

lol

I also spent the first 3 months on the sofa :bf: and sleeping! I would fall asleep mid feed and wake up three hours later with DS (who had also slept) starting to root around for his next feed! This meant I'd given everyone who walked past the window a lovely view of huge breastfeeding boobs while I'd been in the land of nod!!! :giggle:
At least we can look back now and laugh!

Cathleen xx

My avatar
jennyjanesharp
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby jennyjanesharp » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:28 pm

didn't want to read and run hun. :hug: :hug:
We didn't begin to use r-usables until DD was a few months old, I think you'revery brave! And of course you'rew tire, a new baby is exhausting! give yourself a break!
Get someone else to put the washes on... oh andI would def recommend stocking up on a few more nappies, as DD was VERY wet for a while and I had a high washing turnover, but did it every 3 days.

:hug:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:33 pm

I sympathise.my little boy is 8 weeks and i had a nightmare labour ending in emergency c section. I lost quite a lot of blood but escaped transfusion as my count was 14 to start with,dropped to 9 so i was knackered.it does get better and now we are at least getting 3 hours between feeds now!we only started using cloth at about 3 or 4 weeks and still use disposables at night.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
k-k-k-ktiow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby k-k-k-ktiow » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:51 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Be nice to yourself, I had a section (my third) and spent most of the first month in bed, just got up briefly to ablut and eat :giggle:
Didn't go to cloth til about 6 weeks, even with disposables she was wet or dirty most times i fed.
I'd recommend either getting someone else to do the washing or give yourself a break and enjoy your baby
:idea: :idea:
KT

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:51 am

Sorry to hear you are struggling, it will get easier I promise :hug:

Definately try using the fleece liners, they act as a stay dry layer and should make him more comfortable. If the nappies are not leaking then you are doing fine and I would keep up with what you are doing but just try the liners and see if that helps keep his bottom dry.

Good luck and don't worry about doing nothing except sitting around and looking after your lo - make the most of it, it is a very special time that is gone all too quickly :D There is plenty of time to start using your brain again - I am still looking for mine :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat