hf1

MIL Rebelling against cloth!

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

MIL Rebelling against cloth!

Postby busybee » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:43 pm

Do you guys find that anyone who helps you out with childcare is on board with the cloth nappies? My MIL very kindly takes my wee girl one day a week while I work and we just recently changed to cloth. Today my MIL said she finds it too much work to deal with dirty nappies. I told her just to shake the worst off and leave them in the bag for me, but she insists on getting them pretty much spotless! Now I feel a bit guilty about it all but having just made this change, which I really wanted to do, I don't want to put my wee one in disposables again (even for 1 day a week). Has anyone else had this problem? How did you get round it?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: MIL Rebelling against cloth!

Postby littlesez » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 pm

my mum insits on rinsing them and sometimes washes them! just let them i say :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:03 pm

my mother also insists on getting rid of every spot! I let her get on with it :giggle:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:25 pm

maybe getting some flushable liners so she can get rid of the mess easier :)

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:03 am

beck wrote:maybe getting some flushable liners so she can get rid of the mess easier :)

wss, i always put liners in for mil, telk her to flush em if they're soiled or just cguck em in the bag otherwise

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:11 am

my mum rinses them till their spotless too.
i think its because thats what she had to do and of course then they would be wet pailed too

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:45 am

flutterby wrote:
beck wrote:maybe getting some flushable liners so she can get rid of the mess easier :)

wss, i always put liners in for mil, telk her to flush em if they're soiled or just cguck em in the bag otherwise

[ Mobile Post ] Image

WTS, I put liners in for my mum too. My mum just doesn't get cloth nappies... Everytime I see her she says 'oh not thme things again, you make so much work for yourself' :babyrolleyes: :roll:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:49 am

emmajayne33 wrote:
flutterby wrote:

[ Mobile Post ] Image

WTS, I put liners in for my mum too. My mum just doesn't get cloth nappies... Everytime I see her she says 'oh not thme things again, you make so much work for yourself' :babyrolleyes: :roll:

My mil doesnt like them but everyone else just gets on with them lol, she thinks they are hard work but i think she is just ill informed :hohoho: i love my cloth nappies! :hug:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:42 am

I'm a bit fanatical about stains myself so always wash all the poo off :oops: - it IS extra work compared with throwing a sposie in the bin, but I just can't face the idea of putting poo in my washing machine (ew), and like I said I hate stains... that said, I really don't see what the big deal is for her if you've told her she can just leave it for you to deal with!

I've read some interesting articles about cloth vs. sposies that talked about the effects of putting all that raw untreated sewage into landfills, in addition to the plastic and chemicals - might be worth arming yourself with some of those arguments as well, if she starts to get pushy!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat