Help with fitteds and pockets!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Help with fitteds and pockets!

Postby littlesez » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:30 pm

Right you lovely lot , any experts out there! I have several problems!

first I have a variety of pockets each with different issues!

Minkis/slinki minkis velcro and weenotions poppers fab fit on Isobella but they leak, i have been using microfibre inserts and also tried folding up terrys, do you think i need more absorbancy? any recomendations

blueberry and itti bittis smalls this is soooo gorgeous and seems like it would not leak but..... its too baggy on the belly, and too snug on the legs? argghhhhhhh so leaks out the top Do i but mediums in hope for a better fit?

Similar probs with wraps gaps on the belly with rubbing on the legs, do i just get mediums!

My little lambs are not really absorbant enough now she is a biit older and going longer at night sleeping any recommendations for boosters? as i love these nappies so much and they are fab for containment but just soakijng wet in the morning

Isobella is quite skinny on the belly but hasnt got particularly chunky thighs either
Any advise ? ha ha one day i will be able to help others out with their questions!!!!!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Help with fitteds and pockets!

Postby happytails » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:29 pm

littlesez wrote:Right you lovely lot , any experts out there! I have several problems!

first I have a variety of pockets each with different issues!

Minkis/slinki minkis velcro and weenotions poppers fab fit on Isobella but they leak, i have been using microfibre inserts and also tried folding up terrys, do you think i need more absorbancy? any recomendations

i dont find microfibre very absorbent, it tends to squish out wee - try going for Hemp and bamboo on top :D this works well for us!

blueberry and itti bittis smalls this is soooo gorgeous and seems like it would not leak but..... its too baggy on the belly, and too snug on the legs? argghhhhhhh so leaks out the top Do i but mediums in hope for a better fit?

can you do these up on different popper settings on the legs and waist? meaning the waist is tighter and the legs a bit more loose?

Similar probs with wraps gaps on the belly with rubbing on the legs, do i just get mediums! - i find WN medium wraps brill as the poppers can easily go on different settings! my DD has really chunky thighs and a small waist lol

My little lambs are not really absorbant enough now she is a biit older and going longer at night sleeping any recommendations for boosters? as i love these nappies so much and they are fab for containment but just soakijng wet in the morning

we didnt last long with LL/totsbots etc over night as they cant hold that much i found, we moved to medium night nappies when dd was 3 months old and they do the trick and only leaked poo a few times when she was a bit on the small side in the legs but they are great now, she is 5 months and 15lbs ish - we rate UDNN, WNNN, FFN and Bedbugs

Isobella is quite skinny on the belly but hasnt got particularly chunky thighs either
Any advise ? ha ha one day i will be able to help others out with their questions!!!!!

HTH,
x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:42 pm

I would say try stuffing with bamboo and hemp for one thing, secondly, the blueberries you should be able to do up tighter on the waist and looser on the legs, as for the ittit you might find a medium better, I know Steph had problems with the smalls but found the mediums fab, maybe aske her to bring one along tomorrow for you :wink:

I would stick with what you know, id M WNs wraps work use them, if you want something a little cheaper maybe try a M ME airflow, could probably pick one up preloved quite cheaply!

TBH I can't see LLs doing that well at night now, but I seem to remember boosting a bamboo one to last over night a couple of times, I really think you'd be better off trying a proper night nappy!

Summer is the same chubby thighs skinny waist, I find we only really get on with side snaps, BBs being our best fitting nappies, oh and our new WNSSs they are L but with a medium rise, and fit just like a BBSS

Summer was in M BBSS quite young, I'll find out when for you!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:49 pm

thanks guys really helpful, cannot afford night nappies at the mo so will just have to make do with what we have, does anyone think it would be ok to just put some bossters in the little lmabs til i have more funds? oh god i need more funds for med wraps too!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:51 pm

Yes by all means boost your LLs but you'll probably find it's more boosting than nappy if you have cotton LLs, I would get some thing hemp, EP, or the smaller version of a big weed, can't remember what it's called, and put it between the nappy and the wrap

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:04 pm

Right! Izzy is out weeing everything! I think its because she is feeding every 2 hours and lots in the night too? Sooooo I had tried to boost/stuff with various things, cotton terries, microfibre, cotton, bamboo, hemp. arrrgghhhhh! So new questions now are

So what really works well is itti bitti, going to get some mediums for the day. does anyone know what boosters i can get that are similar to itti inserts that i can boost/stuff my other nappies with

Where can I but some decent boosters! preferably preloved but last resort new but as cheap as poss.

Would love some night nappies but cannnot afford just now so want to boost what i already have. But for future which night nappies shall I aim for!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:14 am

Not sure if you have them already but we love easy peasy hemp boosters and they are £10 for 5 including delivery direct from easy peasy and they are fab! I put them in all my pockets and underneath the sokers in fitteds for nighttime :wink:

I have heard great things about the puddlekins cotton sherpa night nappy and they are only £10 each so I am going to give those a go!! :) They also do a bamboo night nappy which looks devine and its £18.00... They are both one size...

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:28 am

littlesez wrote:Right! Izzy is out weeing everything! I think its because she is feeding every 2 hours and lots in the night too? Sooooo I had tried to boost/stuff with various things, cotton terries, microfibre, cotton, bamboo, hemp. arrrgghhhhh! So new questions now are

So what really works well is itti bitti, going to get some mediums for the day. does anyone know what boosters i can get that are similar to itti inserts that i can boost/stuff my other nappies with

Where can I but some decent boosters! preferably preloved but last resort new but as cheap as poss.

Would love some night nappies but cannnot afford just now so want to boost what i already have. But for future which night nappies shall I aim for!

babykind do a range of boosters ive found reasonable!

upsy daisy night nappies are fab in soy, my lo is aa heavy wetter at night and they are better than my wnnn! Also flutterby fluff, my fave night nappy, though very very hard to come by preloved and hard to get a custom slot! xxx

xxxx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat