hf1

How much are these nappies worth?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

How much are these nappies worth?

Postby JennyPenny » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Hi. I want to sell my Lucys hope chests as I just don't use them.

I have one girly one that is listed in the classifieds with no price. I have had interest but have no idea what its work.

I also have some boyish nappies that are completly different to the girly one, not serged and just looks like a completly different nappy.

Can anybody give me a rough idea of what to ask for? I bought in a massive bundle a few months back.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: How much are these nappies worth?

Postby flutterby » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:02 am

i honestly don't take into considerstion what things are worth and rather ehat i paid for the, i wouldn't want to make a profit

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:03 am

Can you work out approx what you paid? If not, I'd look up the new price and adjust for the condition (taking into account whether you got a fantastic deal :lol:). I haven't bought any of these in a while but it seems to me I've seen them anywhere from £5-15! I had a t&t one a while back and it was lovely, but I sold it because it was a bit big on Lili. Very different style, but both are nice.

My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby baby_bufters » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:21 am

fitted i bought some for £7...AI2s with embroidery between £8 and £10

These are one of my fav nappies :giggle:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:48 pm

i paid £8 for mine preloved, they were in euc

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Its hard to tell really. Unless a nappy is in excellent condition, I don't usually ask for much more than half the price I paid for it. (and maybe 2/3 the price if its not been used that much, its a popular nappy etc) I don't usually pay more then about £12 for a preloved nappy unless I've really fallen in love with it!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:07 am

There is no way of working out how much I paid, I litterally bought a box of over 100 nappies! Lots had holes in etc and TBH I actually felt a bit ripped off with what I paid. Most werent sellable but there was the odd one like this which is fine.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:56 am

I for one would have no problem with you trying to recoup a bit of what you paid by selling the good ones at a fair price, as I'm guessing you freecycled the worn-out ones. :wink:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:24 pm

Well if there were very few in good condition then I would definately try and get some of your money back, either put it high and then reduce it gradually, or ask for offers, taking into consideration that people sometimes take the pee if you ask for offers!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat