hf1

Red Bum

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Red Bum

Postby clarge » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Couple hours usually.... His bottom is rarely wet when i take off the nappy. I also thought about detergent? Could this be caused if i havent rinced enough?

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi, dont know about detergent but Lucas also gets this problem. I think it is due to the dampness of wee. In 'sposies all the wee is locked away in the gel/crystals but in the cloth it is just sort of there next to his skin. Short of changing everytime he wees not sure what else I can do.

Same sort of redness you describe, Not sore but just red. Doesn't bother him etc. I still use 'sposies at night but same as you it is gone in the morning. I have heard that they dont wee as much at night as they are not really drinking IYSWIM so could be true for your DS.

Also my DC is ginger(ish) and has very pale sensitive skin like his dad making me think that the wee is what causes it. HTH. :hug:

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi

We had this problem with my DD a few weeks ago. I think it was actually linked to her teething (she's getting eye teeth now) . Her wee seemed stronger or something :oops: and her skin seemed to react to it. My mum said my brother was the same (he loved hearing this as he's 21 now :giggle:). My DD has red hair and pale, sensitive skin (with you there Donna! :wink:) I used a fleece liner and changed her often, but it lasted a few weeks or so before disappearing at the same time her teeth came through. It has gone now. It didn't seem to bother her either. I know you've been struggling with it for a month now but you may find it will go when the teeth come through. Also, I normally only put in a small amount of detergent when I wash nappies, and most of the cloth mums I know do this too, less than I would put in for a normal wash.

Hope you guys find a resolution soon!

Diane

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat