hf1

Do you have a chubby baby?

My avatar
jennyjanesharp
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Do you have a chubby baby?

Postby jennyjanesharp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:16 pm

DD is 6 months, and very chubby - not over weight tho :giggle: She's a sitter, not a roller atm, so her tummy is always very squidged by bad fitting nappies (i.e. V2's and V3's don't fit well)

I've been through several good and bad fittings of nappies since she was 2 month, and now i'm gutted that her itti med's don't fit her anymore, and I can't find any larges.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what other nappies fit a chubby, sitting baby better

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Do you have a chubby baby?

Postby flutterby » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:31 pm

For one, babies are chubby, it's pretty much a fact, Summer's diddy, 17lb at a yr, always had been diddy, but was certainly a little chubby before she started moving.

Chances are you DD will slim down when she starts moving, so probably in the next 3 months ish, and everything will fit again, does her being squished bother her do you know, I would think something front fastening would be good, large ittis probably would have been, fuzzi bunz maybe, can't think of many pockets but loads of fitteds, mutt's, gms, puddlekins, baby beehinds, baby bufter, I could go on!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:32 pm

I agree with Hanna her shape will change when she gets on the move, Gracie's sure did and has just changed again :roll: she has never been chubby though, Kieran and Anna were much bigger.
Large itti's would probably be goodx

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:45 pm

sam is v rotund :oops: :oops: although as he has started moving he has slimed down a lot- for us large ittis are great as the sit below his rather large belly :giggle: other nappies if the go around the belly we get builders bum and they fall off the back- i think he must have a small bum :-? :-? other that are a good fit- fuzzi, baby beehinds, neppula pockets

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:58 pm

I have an iish fly which fits my fatty rather well. I also like pocket bots as they sit under his belly and belly and legs can be adjusted seperatly. I find these quite difficult to stuff though cos the crotch is narrow. I find the BG's look uncomfy on him but I do have pop ins that aren't too bad around the belly. Certainly never notice like i do with some nappies.

My avatar
jennyjanesharp
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby jennyjanesharp » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:44 pm

Thanks Girls :wink:
Yes, i'm very aware her shape will change very soon, but I want her it be in optimum comfort until then! Poor little lamb gets squeezed into all sorts and shapes of nappies these days! I've actually found the kooshies fit rather well atm too.

I'll def get an iish fly nappy tho, they look fab!, although not a lot of choice on the web site????

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:12 pm

I got mine preloved from here. Find their website very odd! Didn't even say what weight/size range the large fitted. All I know is that it fits done up tight! Loads of adjustability on it so it works! :hohoho:

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:55 pm

My DS was really chubby at that age, up until he started walking at just over a year. I remember fuzzis fitted him really well.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat