hf1

How many is too many?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

How many is too many?

Postby rhead » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:45 pm

I think I have some sort of illness... I just can't stop nappy shopping (it's the shopping endorphins that do it! the thrill of getting a deal, or something special and new, the joy of parcels in the postbox!). I buy and buy and buy, and sell and sell and sell, but the selling is getting harder because I love so much of my stash now that I don't want to let much go. The sideboard and cupboard are overflowing, and I sometimes go weeks and weeks without using some of our nappies but I don't want to give them up :oops:. Is it time for a ruthless cull? How many nappies is too many for one little girl???

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: How many is too many?

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:49 pm

Yep you have far too many and need to sell all your GM;s to me :giggle: I know what you mean...i try and cull my stash all the time to allow for new purchases but the stuff i want to sell gets less and less :oops:

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:27 pm

That's what I love about this board makes me feel less guilty about the amount I have, DH is forever saying yet more nappies but then I only have about 25 that fit her just now plus ty's old geobel and some larges I have bought to grow into, which does us with washing other everyday sometimes run out other times have couple left. It will be better when the 6 others I have ordered/bought preloved arrive :giggle: .

Though I have not saved money spending time on this site as I have learnt about all the pretty nappies and not just the cheaper but plain ones, I tell DH they wouldn't suit Roxy's shape :lol: and thankfully he agrees they are best for her sensitive skin.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:33 pm

I think you need to do a stash pic - that way I can judge whether you have too many (and whether you need to sell any to me :hohoho: :hohoho: )

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:45 pm

25... sigh. I remember those days. Have just done a rough count and not including everything on its way :oops: I have about 70, half and half fitteds and pockets/AIOs. That's, umm, about 2 weeks' worth for us! I've never laid them out all together, it would be a pretty big photo :giggle:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:00 pm

I have 63 so I don't think that is too many at all :wink:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:18 pm

we have about 40 ish and then 5/6 wraps and 6 woolies lol

I wouldnt mind a few in your stash Rachel :twisted: i think you have wayyyy too many :giggle:

Sarah x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Im showing Dh this thread and telling him that I have some shopping to do!! :wink: My current stash (not including stuff for sale as I am having a huge re-jigg in my stash...)

5 BG OS pockets
12 OBV fitteds (GM's and Puddlekins)
2 dozen small prefolds
3 dozen large prefolds

I wash everyother day but if i dont want to use the prefolds which im just not loving on Ds the way that I did with DD then i run out waiting for the first lot of dry or using the tumble drier more than i like to! Im banking funds from sales to add another 12 GM's and then I will be happier...

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:41 pm

I think once you reach about a thousand or so, then thats probably too many....

I actually don't have an excessive amount of nappies that i regularly use now - just enough for 4/5 days use, but then I also have a wardrobe full of older nappies that i never use (all the totsbots, ME's, prefolds, terries, boosters, wraps, newborn nappies, old woollies etc) but I still cant bear to pass them on! :oops:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat