How many is too many?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Re: How many is too many?

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:34 pm

I have about 40 nappies in my stash at the moment. I don't count the ones that I'm going to sell. Or the ones sat hidden in a cupboard that don't suit Iris but I can't bear to part with just yet. Or the ones that she's outgrown that I'm keeping, just in case of another Bub. I wonder how many nappies I do actually have ... :-? But anyway, no 70 isn't that many. But, if it's helping you out, I'm happy (I actually wrote nappy then and had to edit!) to take an OBV fitted or two off your hands. :hohoho:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:00 pm

:giggle: OK, I feel a bit better - I think I would be happier if I had some nifty nappy storage rather than all the piles everywhere, maybe I could squeeeeeeze in one of those hanging stacker units somewhere :hohoho:

I do try to sell anything that I have even the slightest reason to, I just seem to keep buying at a faster rate!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:00 am

Not at all, I have 68 I think, but I could be forgetting some :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:04 am

:giggle: Thanks ladies, I showed hubbs this last night and shortly after he agreed that we could use another 10-15 puddlekins/GM's! :wine: Ahhh now to pick prints and colours! And of course i need more wool to go over them all :hohoho:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:27 am

I have about 20 that I use on a regular bases. They come out the wash and then go straight back on once dry! I do however have 10 BG's and 10 modern baby pop ins that are still in the packets! :oops: Keep thinking of selling to fund prettier ones but cant even part with them.

I neeeeed BG's cos they dry so quick indoors when its raining and.....
I neeeeed my pop ins cos they are the best AIO type that I have tried.

But I also need some nice funky outers so keep trying to save up the paypal. (Seems to just dissapear though :-? :giggle: )

OH definatly thinks they are a complete waste of time :evil: but he doesn't often change nappies or do the washing so he doesn't get a say (He does do lots of other stuff though to be fair to him)

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:47 am

I have 33, including the ones that are rarely used.

I'm going to be selling about half of those soon. I have 10 new ones on order and may get another half dozen or so on top of that, so the total will stay about the same.

About 30 is the right number for me, as there is always a choice of nappies. Although if I had 40 I don't think I'd call it too many, I'd just call it more choice :giggle: .

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:56 am

megansmummy wrote::giggle: Thanks ladies, I showed hubbs this last night and shortly after he agreed that we could use another 10-15 puddlekins/GM's! :wine: Ahhh now to pick prints and colours! And of course i need more wool to go over them all :hohoho:

Wish it had that effect on my DH he just :roll: and said don't even think about, does anyone know if always finshing of in dryer i.e 40+mins on low heat damages the nappies, don't do it with pockets, as maybe an other persusion point. :giggle:

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:42 pm

in my opinion 70 isn't too many!

Blake has between 10 and 15 wonderoos (for nursery and DH to use on him), 2 LL bamboo, 2 Hollow Oak fitteds, 1 UD pocket, 5 UD soy fitteds, 6 bamboo sandys, 5 WNNLs, 1 clwt twt, 1 soy UDNN, 1 bedbug, 3 WNNN and i'm still buying more with no intentions of selling any of those until PTing next summer.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:35 pm

i don't think you can have too many nappies :giggle: i don't have many but have enough but would love more maybe i could justify getting some more if i put some in a vacuem bag so they are smaller to store in caravan lol

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat