Night Nappies

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Night Nappies

Postby caeganol » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:55 pm

Hello there,
After having been in cloth nappies in the day, we have finally gathered the courage to think about night nappies now.
I wondered if you all have any tips and suggestions about the nappies which work the best.
I am quite interested in buy atleast 2-3 nappies for night time now(thats my excuse for the shopping), Are 2 in ones with wraps better then the AIO?? or pockets ??
Any tips and advice greatly received.

Thanks in advance.

xxx
sukhi

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:04 pm

2 parts are gnerally much better than pockets for night. the only pocket i am successful with at night are the minki ones as they are fleece and quite bulky. (i have one that i keep for DH or babysitters)
my fav night nappy is the bamboo kiwi quick flip (http://www.littlekiwi.co.uk) which is soo absorbant that until very recently it needed no extra boosting, now i pop an ellas house hemp long insert between nappy and Wool rwrap (couche cover usually)
i have also used a bambeasy with an extra bamboo booster inside the pocket and an ellas house hemp between nappy and wrap with much success.
night nappies tend to be HUGE and need a wrap one size larger than usual to fit over!! but you will certainly never wake up to find it has exploded and there are strange jelly crysals all over your little ones bits...and that is one major major advantage!!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:14 pm

Have to say my favourite night nappy is the minki with a HH stuffin (hemp booster) + a microfibre booster on top.
I think if you have a 2 part system you need a very good wrap, with good elastication around the waist on top. We tend to find wicking out the top of 2 parters now unless we are using a motherease wrap.
I also think if you want a 2 parter for night then fleece lines ones such as the fluffle or bambeasy are better.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:18 pm

hemp long insert between nappy and Wool rwrap (couche cover usually)

????????/
:? :? :?
I am not into 2 parts yet so not sure what part goes where.
Sorry :oops: :oops:
My ignorance.
Thanks for prompt replies

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:24 pm

when boosting a night nappy, so i still get a nice fit around the legs i tend to add any other boosters on the outside of the nappy, inside the wrap!
i know! its soo confusing and mad soundning all this boosting and what goes where, but really really easy when you know how! i promise!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:49 pm

I think most people would agree that a 2 part system is better for nights. Alot of us use wool covers as they allow some evaporation thereby keeping the nappy drier. They are also nice for babies skin when they are in them 12 hours or so. I personally favor nappies like Bimbles, Stuffies (hemp/terry version) etc which are fully fleece lined (keeping baby dry no matter how wet they are!). They also have pockets in them so you can add as much stuffing as you need!

I just found this on my desk from ages ago, so if anyone else has replied sorry I haven't read it!! :roll: :oops: :D :D

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:09 pm

I also use Minki pockets for night with wool longies over top but as minki pockets don't actually need a wrap i use the longies over top purely as PJ bottoms rather than a wrap for the nappy. The Minkis are fab as you can stuff the pocket with loads and we have never had a leak with them and Evie is a pretty heavy wetter. So something like a fuzzi would not see Evie through night but Minki pockets are fab for night nappies and my two i have are purely used on a night not for day wear nappies.

HTH and i haven't confused you :lol:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:11 pm

I find that the key things for night nappies are:

2 parts so that you can boost lots - the prob with pockets is there is limited space and if you boost too much the legs gape and leak.

Wool wraps really are fab but you might want to leave that until you are a little more confident at 2 parts and nighttime.

Ideally I would go for a nippa fastening nappy as they are much easier to get a good fit once you have boosted them lots - I find that velcro gapes around the tummy (and Charlotte is a front sleeper) and I am always in between poppers.

Look for something fleece lined with a pocket that you can put the boosting in. This is much less fiddly than putting together boosters and fleece liners.

For extra boosting, hemp wrapped in a microfibre cloth is ace as it is absorbent, quick to absorb and still quite slim.

My faves at the moment are the hemp and terry stuffie nappies.

HTH

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:14 pm

Look for something fleece lined with a pocket that you can put the boosting in.

Does that mean I can use my blueberry with hemp and terry combo insert and get away with it.
Thanks
sukhi

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat