hf1

Night Nappies

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:19 pm

I know this is confusing but I meant a 2 parter with a pocket as opposed to an actual pocket.

It may be that you don't have a very heavy wetter and a pocket (i.e Blueberry) would be Ok but I know it wouldn't last the night here.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:57 pm

I know this is confusing but I meant a 2 parter with a pocket as opposed to an actual pocket.

really confused.
Sorry bit dim I am.
Can you give me an example please.
thanks

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby jules070603 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:29 pm

Hi Sukhi,

I use 2 parters at night, always have. Making the jump is a l0t harder than actually using the night nappies!!! I have never had a leak. I think the best way t0 g0 ab0ut it is t0 add l0ts 0f b00sting and reduce it if y0u think y0u can.

Currently this is what I use,

Bamb00 m0therease 0nesize (I l0ve this nappy!!!) with snap in liner.

Under the ME0S liner I put 2 hemp b00sters and a Micr0fibre cleaning cl0th.

0n t0p 0f the liner I put a BIG fleece liner (h0me made)

I use T0ts B0ts fleece wraps (size 2) and have n0 pr0blem with wicking as l0ng as his PJs aren't t00 tight.

Bef0re this I used bimbles and they w0rked well t00 but n0w I l0ve my bamb00 ME0S!!!

D0 y0u have any 2 parters? Maybe we can w0rk with what y0u have already g0t.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:04 pm

caeganol wrote:

really confused.
Sorry bit dim I am.
Can you give me an example please.
thanks

A babeco bamboo nappy is a pocket nappy that needs a wrap, it is fleece lined in the inner and fastens with velcro, it comes with it's own bamboo booster to stuff in the pocket but you can add more if needed, you would then need a wrap over it!

As said before Wool is probably not the best to start with, but maybe try a fleece wrap asthey are breathable and softer for overnight, I like tots bots red fleece wraps.

If you are wanting to try this out inexpensively take a look at the for sale items on here (blatant plug as I am selling a babeco bamboo nappy!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: yet I am still trying to help as I know how confusing it can be with this nappy for this, that nappy for that etc!!)

feel free to ask if you need more examples!

jan x

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:06 pm

your Bambeasy is a fleece lined pocket fitted nappy . i.e. a shaped nappy that needs a wrap, but has a pocket to pop boosting into and has a fleece lining.
your blueberry is a pocket nappy that doesn't need a wrap

(dont even look at swaddlebees, they are soo confusing as they are all called the saem thing but are all different...i have only ever bought 1 sort as cant work out what the other are!!)

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:03 pm

Great tips here,but at the moment having leak problems with it seems with most of my nappies. Will sort that first b4 thinkinh about night nappies.
Has put me off these a bit. Hubby is not sooooooo keen now.
will try boosting etc and see if it helps.
XXXX

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:23 pm

Hello dear all,

Just wanted to share the news of my success with the night nappies.

Bambeasey with a blueberry wrap
babeco hemp nappy with totsbots wrap

This is what I have used and so far no problems.
The only problem is that they take a long time to dry and hence I need more as I end up using diposables for 2 days and cloth for 2 days.

Anyone cares to part with there's. i am also looking at the nappy sites.

If you have any nice night nappy ideas, please share!!!!!!!! please !!!!!!!!!

Thanks

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:52 pm

Glad you found a solution! We used to use the minki pockets until Erin decided to wee more at night!

They sound like a good combo!!

My avatar
Jenni&Babes
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Jenni&Babes » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:14 pm

Glad you've found something that works. I actually have found pockets better than 2-parts at night. I now use Standard Minki pockets and have had no leaks so far. My main issue with using 2-parts like my bamboo nappies it that they aren't fleece lined and a fleece liner isn't as effective at keeping the wet aay from his skin as a fully fleece lined nappy. I know the fluffle is fleece lined but I tried that and he seemed to get too hot in it lol! Also I had wicking out the front of the wrap when I used 2-parters.

Plus the Minki's dry really quick which is good! :D

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat