hf1

How Many for using OBV only?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

How Many for using OBV only?

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm

I want to swap to all OBV nappies, i normally wash every other day and I have a tumble drier to use when necessary (although i prefer not to). So how many is a safe option??

I have 6 at the moment
6 GM's on order
and am thinking of adding another 10 daytime OBV fitteds and 3 nighttime fitteds

So that makes 22 OBV fitteds and 3 OBV night nappies, (5 OS BG's and prefolds that i could use in emergancies...)

Does this sound enough? I would love more but reaistically i dont think hubbs wil go for it :oops: Not after my recent spending and inititally telling him that 15 white Bg's would be more than enough...ok well i had to get him onside some how!! :hohoho:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: How Many for using OBV only?

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:27 am

Hmmm...if you're using full time that that many may work for you (its probably about the minimum you'd need) but I'd still be tempted to get a few more, especially night nappies. I think 4 or 5 night nappies works best, and if you dont have a tumbledryer for winter (or prefer not to use it too much) then you might need some more day nappies too. But if you leave it a little while, sart gradually introducing the new nappies into the stash and telling your OH that they've always been there :giggle:

Did you get your GMs on the Buy 2 get one free offer?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:06 pm

I would definitely say 4 night nappies, and preferably 5 - Begbugs and Flutterby Nights are fab, but they take 2 days to dry in the summer (though I only tumble for about 15-20 minutes, more just to keep the nappies soft than really to dry them). 22 day nappies + some spares sounds fine (despite the size of my current stash, I did get by for DS from about 9 months with 13 Bumbles!!).

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:05 pm

I'd want at least 5 night nappies, and 25 day nappies!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat