hf1

Swine flu and washable nappies?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Swine flu and washable nappies?

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:51 pm

Elouise has swine flu. Is it OK to keep her in cloth or should I be switching to sposies till she is better?

She got poo all down her woolies today :( So I think wool is going to be out for a week or so. Maybe a good time for lanolising. Will go for fleece instead for now so can just be shoved in the wash.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Swine flu and washable nappies?

Postby emmalala » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:56 pm

JennyPenny wrote:Elouise has swine flu. Is it OK to keep her in cloth or should I be switching to sposies till she is better?

She got poo all down her woolies today :( So I think wool is going to be out for a week or so. Maybe a good time for lanolising. Will go for fleece instead for now so can just be shoved in the wash.

oh no! poor thing no advice just wanted to send :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:05 pm

No idea! But :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I hope she is better soon :(

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:06 pm

I gosh, :( hope she gets better soon!! :hug: :hug:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:21 am

Poor thing! I would have thought cloth would be fine from a health standpoint (maybe wash hotter than you normally would?), but if she has bad diarrhea just to save yourself the hassle I don't think anyone would blame you for using sposies until it clears up!

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:23 am

Dont they get a temperature? cloth might be good for keeping cool? but If you feel happier useing 'sposies then go ahead. Don't really know TBH, just suggestions. lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: to you both. We are all ill here so hoping that we dont have it. :( Hope she is better soon.

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:56 am

Poor little thing! I hope she feels better soon and that you don't get it.

I've been wondering about this too. I think personally, if I was up to the laundry then I'd still use cloth, and wash everything at 60. Our bins only get emptied fortnightly, and even though the virus only lives for 20minutes on soft surfaces I wouldn't really want "ill" nappies sitting around, particularly with the runs too. Could you use pockets maybe, less work than wool with a poorly one? oops just remembered that you have fleece. I did say to mr afterglow though that if we got it, laundry probably wouldn't be top of things to do list and I'd care less about the disposable waste :-? He very valiantly said that he'd learn how to wash the nappies and we probably wouldn't both get it at once.

Anyway, I hope that Elouise and that all the Winniewhere'smypoohs feel better soon.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:05 am

ahh hope she gets better soon now idea on the nappies tho

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:06 am

i would carry on as you are, but wash at 60, though i think your supposed to anyway with 2 los using the same nappies

:hug: for Elouise

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat