hf1

Swine flu and washable nappies?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Swine flu and washable nappies?

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:21 am

I would wash at 60 :hug: :hug: :hug: hope she doesn't feel too poorly and noone else catches it :hug:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:23 am

Don't see why not. As pps said, it is recommended if the child has an infection to wash at 60 degrees but that should be fine. Hope she is better soon

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby jules070603 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:25 am

Awww, hope she is better soon. :hug:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Allie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:26 am

I think i'd just wash at 60. :hug: :hug: for Elouise, hope she is feeling better soon

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:54 am

:hug: :hug: have you got the tamiflu ok this morning?

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:29 am

Sorry to hear your LO has it too. Archie has it :( and I have kept him in cloth.

He is also taking antibiotics in case of secondary infection (did your doc prescribe these, if not it may be worth asking as I was told there is a lot of Strep going around at the moment?) and so has a very runny tummy.

Luckily I had a load of prefolds hanging around and so have been using these as I'm not too worried if these get ruined iyswim!

He did leak through onto his woolies last night but I'm just gonna wash them as normal as it was only water essentially (sorry if that's tmi!!)

Here's sending you lots of :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:37 am

afterglow wrote:I did say to mr afterglow though that if we got it, laundry probably wouldn't be top of things to do list and I'd care less about the disposable waste :-? He very valiantly said that he'd learn how to wash the nappies and we probably wouldn't both get it at once.

That's so sweet!! :cry: :mrgreen:

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:32 pm

Have kept her in cloth! Don't mind the washing, was mainly worried about infecting Talia, although I know its likely anyway. Amazed she doesn't have it already. Maybe BFing is helping her?

2climbingboys wrote::hug: :hug: have you got the tamiflu ok this morning?

Well I went to get it first thing when it opened but got told I had to order it then and then come back after 5pm :roll: So I did and there was a huge que going down the road, but anyway got it now and she had her first dose when we got i before bed. Tastes AWFUL. She has the tablets/capsuales so have to empty them into something to mix it. I tried the tiniest bit on my finger and it nearly made me sick. I mixed it with chocolate milk as a treat - although she still tasted it when she got to the bottom.

becky1978 wrote:Sorry to hear your LO has it too. Archie has it :( and I have kept him in cloth.

He is also taking antibiotics in case of secondary infection (did your doc prescribe these, if not it may be worth asking as I was told there is a lot of Strep going around at the moment?) and so has a very runny tummy.

Luckily I had a load of prefolds hanging around and so have been using these as I'm not too worried if these get ruined iyswim!

He did leak through onto his woolies last night but I'm just gonna wash them as normal as it was only water essentially (sorry if that's tmi!!)

Here's sending you lots of :hug: :hug: :hug:

I didn't know about the antibiotics - Thanks. I will ring GP tomorrow. I havn't even spoken to a doctor or anything being the weekend and just got the tamiflu from the new online thing. Prefolds are a good idea - might give those a go! Anthough not sure if I have any gusseted wraps in her size - will have to look.

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:40 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: Hope she gets better soon.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat