caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

what going on????

Postby caeganol » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:19 pm

hello there,
Whats going in????????
All my nappies are leaking.
That inclues Fuzzi bunz medium. Swaddlebbes AIO medium. Bumgenius medium setting on my 14lb boy.
Any ideas???????
Please help, DH not very pleased. Made worse by the fact that I am still expecting 10 nappies in the post.
thanks
sukhi

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:28 pm

are the inserts saturated...maybe he is just weeing more, so try adding an extra booster under whatever u usually use...or maybe he is weeing in bigger bursts - try a layer of cotton terry ontop of all inserts to absorb the first gush. maybe you have detergent build up?- wash with full dose of bio powder and rinse and rinse and rinse 100 times till no bubbles left in water...or maybe the pul needs re waterproofing, so try tumble drying them on hot for a bit.

hope some of these help
shevi

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:16 pm

Sukih - how long are your nappies on for usually?
And what do you stuff them with?

I find a fuzzi microfibre insert won't last more than about 1.5-2hours on it's own without leaking but if I add a bamboo booster it can go to 4 hours depending on the booster and time of day...

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:30 pm

I have been successfully using all napies upto 4 hours as my LO is not a big wetter, but nothng else has changed apart from the wet nappies.
I use a combination of all different inserts like microterry, blueberry combo(hemp and terry)
:? :?

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:31 pm

i'm sorry about my last post, was in a rush so just rambled off a list that probably makes no sense to you.
please feel free to ask me to explain any points, it seems i've done a lot of rambling notes today

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:39 pm

I have only been in cloth nappies for about 4 weeks now, can detergent built up happen so soon.???

Shevi---That fine, your post made me think in the right direction.
Will stuff better and see what happens.
xxxx

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:47 pm

it depends a lot of which detergent and how much and your machine.
i once made the mistake of using a small and mighty liquid and had build up almost immediately. you can tell if its build up as usually when it gets wee'd on you get a horrible smell.
i'd say if its only been 4 weeks then its mostly likely down to stuffing, but it never does any harm to do a few extra rinses and tumble dry the pockets just in case

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:12 pm

I really don't understand.
Tried the new weenotions nappy(after washing) with double microterry(the bumgenius ones)insert today and the nappy still leaked. The W was directed downwards but the nappy wasn't soaked fully, however, the side straps and LO's vest and sleeping bag all got soaked.
:twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
What am I doing wrong.
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!
:? :? :? :? :? :? :?

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:39 pm

Are you doing them up tight enough? If they are a bit loose wee may be able to escape through gaps.

or

I wonder whether he may be doing large fast wees and it can't absorb through the fleece fast enough. You may be able to find out by putting something absorbent in between him and the fleece (a folded up flannel or something like that), I haven't tried it myself, just an idea.

Can't think of anything else that hasn't already been suggested, but if I do I will be back :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat