hf1

They are so not giving unbiased pros and cons!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: They are so not giving unbiased pros and cons!

Postby sim » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:05 am

I definitely changed more when we used despicables on holiday - they stank and i thought he'd pooed.
Davina :giggle: my nappy bag is chockas.
And as for containment, I'm the only person in our antenatal group using cloth and the only one who hasn't had a massive up the back poo leak. Cloth contains Ewan's biggest poonamis beautifully! Oh, and I can now change a nippa'd fitted in about the same time as others in my group change a sposie. :pirate:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:28 am

The nappy needing changing more often coment probably comes from people who have used a terry square or something and their baby has soaked through it in super quick time...so many people are completly unaware of the GOOD cloth nappies and the different fabrics...like i find that terry is a waste of time as it needs changing after an hour max...however bamboo velour on the other hand easily lasts 3-4 hours...

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:31 am

We've had a couple of leaks in cloth but with explosive bf poo usually when i've not quite put them on tight enough.the ladies at my massage class commented on how quick i was at nappy changing and that was with washable wipes,dry off,jr and me wrap!i was reading one of the dad and new baby books which said about boil washing several times and you need to use a nappy laundry service.ah well
I probably do change a bit more frequently in cloth as nathan is a heavy wetter.he out peed a ff in 35 mins yesterday!
[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
sarahlou
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sarahlou » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:06 am

In the pros it should of said how cute/funky cloth is compared to boring sposies. I don't find it takes any longer to change them and if you have aplix/poppers then it's no more fiddly :roll: Same with washing,you already have lots of washing with a baby so what difference is 1 extra load of nappies?

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:01 pm

Some people only change sposies every 5 or 6 hours :shock: so they maybe they would think that changing every 3hours or so was more often (even though you're not meant to leave a sposie on that long during the day). I really don't mind changing Blythe now she's in cloth, it's like choosing a new part of her outfit every few hours. Sposies are so boring and ugly!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:02 pm

They forgot to say how much better for their skin cloth is...
Also how much cooler (asin temperature) it is especially in summer...

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:48 pm

They neglected to mention in the cons part of despicables of how much they stink after one wee :puke:! It's a joke really... arent all these big shops tied in contracts with the big nappy makers with regards to their in-shop promotions & what not!?! Hardly un-biased opinions, Much like certain dummy makers & SIDS research :-?
I wish more shops near me sold reusables (nice pretty ones :giggle: ) I only change the girls around every 3-4 hrs for wet nappies!
Frances x

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:09 pm

well Austin is getting to the point where when we have him in sposies he is out weeing them after a couple of hours but when we had him in cloth yesterday he was going about 3 hours between changes, probably a bit more and we didn't seem to have any problems. I'm really glad we did go with cloth but I do wish that the initial out lay wasn't quitye so high, I think personally that's what puts people off in the first place, there is definately no way that we could afford to be in cloth if I hadn't bought the majority of my cloth pre-loved from here.
We still don't have enough for full time cloth use but we're getting there slowly and I can't wait to have a complete stash :mrgreen:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:41 pm

I tried to post my comments on here a few times, but it was late last night and I think I was experiencing lots of 'user errors', for which read 'too tired to know what I was doing'.

I think what people are saying about cloth not having to be changed more often than disposables is very true, but when some of the disposable packets say they can last for up to 12 hours :shock: , then yes, you would change a cloth nappy more often!

IMO, it isn't incredibly easy to take the plunge into cloth, so being able to handle nappies and see how then work before buying is a great idea.

Kate x

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat