Tights for a cloth-bottomed girl?

My avatar
bibble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Tights for a cloth-bottomed girl?

Postby bibble » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi Everyone!

I've not posted for a really long time but have lurked occaisionally and I'm really desperate for a bit of advice, I hope that's ok. Since I last posted, I've had a baby girl, Adele, who is now 6 weeks old. She has loads of lovely dresses that family and friends have given her and up until yesterday, has been mostly in disposables. (She got a tummy bug at 2 weeks which was awful and I got lazy :oops: ). She's now in pink BGs and a few Mommy's touch BTPs too which all seem massive on her tiny skinny frame!

Sorry, must get to the point! Up until now, in the sposies, she's been fitting into normal tights which won't stretch over her cloth nappies unless we go up in sizes which end up being way too long and baggy on her little chicken legs. I've got one pair of baby legs but they seem massive on her now. Is there anywhere I can get tights that would fit? If you've got a girl in cloth, what do you do? I'm new to all this girly stuff!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Re: Tights for a cloth-bottomed girl?

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:07 pm

Frugi do a Cut 4 Cloth range, which includes tights to fit over a cloth bottom.

http://www.welovefrugi.com

:)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:09 pm

I use babylegs on Grace (legwarmers) but unless she's wearing pram-shoes (which I don't really like using as they're bad for foot development) they fall off much like socks... So she tends to go barefoot and wear leggings...

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:46 pm

I always make sure that the tights I buy for the girls have a double seam up the back, they have extra bum room and I have never had a problem, my girls a 21/2 are still fitiing happily into 9-12 months tights over their cloth nappies.

Asda have some with the double seam, M & S have some and matalan do too, make sure you check before you buy though as not all of them are the double seam ones

jan x

My avatar
bibble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby bibble » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:55 pm

JanX wrote:I always make sure that the tights I buy for the girls have a double seam up the back

jan x

That would be great to be able to get them on the high street. Do you mean the "V" shaped seam? (I really am clueless on all things girly)!

Velvetsteph wrote:http://www.welovefrugi.com/sale-clothes/baby-clothes/product/116
Thank you so much for the help, I've just put in an order for the Frugi ones. At that price I think they're worth a shot.

V

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:58 pm

bibble wrote:
JanX wrote:I always make sure that the tights I buy for the girls have a double seam up the back

jan x

That would be great to be able to get them on the high street. Do you mean the "V" shaped seam? (I really am clueless on all things girly)!
V

yeah, they have a single seam up the centre of the front of the top bit of the tights and then it splits in 2 seams spaced apart for the bum..

You can pretty much get these anywhere on the high street

jan x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:02 pm

JanX wrote:yeah, they have a single seam up the centre of the front of the top bit of the tights and then it splits in 2 seams spaced apart for the bum..

You can pretty much get these anywhere on the high street

jan x

I like the NEXT ones - very funky :)

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat