hf1

boosting pockets and night nappies

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

boosting pockets and night nappies

Postby beffys » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:07 am

What can I do to boost pockets and night nappies?

Ella has BBs (OS and SS). She was getting through them soaked in an hour and a half to 2 hours yesterday. She did drink a lot of water in the morning as was playing with a straw, but generally at night she feels wet through her wool.

She has either HLs or Night Notions at night. They are soaked by the morning .With the NNs not sure what else can do as they are pretty damn padded as it is. I could make some boosters for her with hemp or bamboo, but not sure how well they would work in pockets or in her HLs.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: boosting pockets and night nappies

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:13 am

What do you boost your pockets with at the moment? I find hemp and bamboo a lot more absorbant than microfibre.

You could possibly try boosting between the nappy and wrap/soaker for overnight.

I'm sure someone with more of a clue than me will be along soon!

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:36 am

I haven't needed to boost so far really. Just noticing now that Ella seems to be doing mega pees.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:43 am

MF is no good at all for power wees or heavy wetters. I didn't get on with BB inserts at all and use P'tit Dessous bamboo inserts with an EP hemp underneath in all my pockets. I'd use a hemp booster inside her night nappies too.

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:53 am

Thanks, we've prob been quite lucky that not had to boost until now. Certainly will at night and look into making some hemp or bamboo boosters that will fit in her pockets.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat