hf1

Used nappies on Ebay

My avatar
FUZZIFAN
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Used nappies on Ebay

Postby FUZZIFAN » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:45 am

Perhaps I'm not paying proper attention, but when did Ebay start allowing used nappies again? I've just been browsing on there and there are loads (looking for a couple of cheap totsbots). I wish they'd make their minds up! :x

Nicky

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Used nappies on Ebay

Postby Louise » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:02 am

They still don't allow it. People get round it by not listing the nappy as used in the item description. Ebay doesn't have time to manually search all the detailed descriptions to find out if a nappy is new or used. :wink:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:53 am

Yep, I had 2 sets of nappies listed at the same time. One lot were listed as having been 'used lightly' the other lot had one nappy that had 'slight staining'

The listing that had the word USED in the description was removed and i had a warning. The other listing was not picked up even though the nappy was actually in worse condition.

To be fair I didn't know about the rule and as I had bought the same nappies used from ebay I assumed it would be fine to sell them used on ebay. But no :x

I'm sure I could get round it but having been warned I don't intend to be trying it again!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:42 am

I sold some on Ebay and put "very well washed" in the description. :)

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:13 pm

I think it's ridiculous that you can't sell used nappies on ebay, they sell all sorts on there that is alot worse than a nappy that has been well loved, like the fact you can buy a tattoo machine or piercing needles and they have said they have no intention of stopping or monitoring that but if you so much as list fluff as pre-washed your told to take it down! :x :x :x
I'm just glad these classifieds are here!

My avatar
FUZZIFAN
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby FUZZIFAN » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:49 pm

People get round it by not listing the nappy as used in the item description - I've looked at this and they are listing them as used and under ebays proper section that say's used (iykwim) I just checked on some sold motherease and they are clearly listed as used. Perhaps the person that checks is off on holiday :hohoho: so they are getting through?

Anyway, it seems a bit hit and miss and hardly fair on people that listed them with all good intentions and then get a warning!

I'm glad the cnt is here too, much prefer the classifieds here!

Nicky

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:02 pm

It's a ridiculous rule, but it's apparently to do with selling used underwear :roll: , which they have a strict ban on (obviously). Whoever set the ban on nappies obviously has very little common sense.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:19 pm

Agreed I hope it's happening because they have changed their policy but I do think that some people are a bit too selective, shall we say, with the information they give on ebay and at least on here you can (usually) garentee a full and honest listing.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:48 am

I think they were a lot more rigid about it when they first noticed and started enforcing the rule, but I've noticed loads of used stuff lately too (especially on French eBay!). It is sooooo annoying!!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat