hf1

recommend me a fitted!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

recommend me a fitted!

Postby lazylexis » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:39 pm

nathan is 12 weeks tomorrow & 14 lb.he's just about to outgrow his bamboo lls in the rise and thighs but waist is fine.so we're looking for something for a skinny waist and chubby thighed heavy wetter?

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: recommend me a fitted!

Postby Louise » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:53 pm

Puddlekins, Hollow Oak, Holden's Landing, Dunk n Fluff, Muttaqin Baby, have a look here. None of them are very cheap though. Bumfluff has a sale on atm so if you want cheaper nappies get some Bambinex Bamboo, they're nice and slim fitting and have quite a high rise. You could get some bamboo sandies or quick flips to try too.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:02 pm

I worked my fitteds stash down to Flutterby fluff's, hollow oaks, weenotions northernlights, baby beehinds, Muttaqin Baby.
I only have 1 Muttaqin Baby as they are american and they are lovley and slim fitting but the absorbancy is compramised.
All the rest are suitable for heavy wetters. Kaydi is a super soaker so we know.....lol I find the flutterby fluffs, hollow oaks and baby beehinds last the longest. The weenotions are really lovely and are a great nappy but we have to boost them with a bit of hemp.
I have herad good things about the Puddlekins but we haven't managed to get funds for one yet.

If you looking in the reviews sections you should find some good information to help you too.

Also don't know if you use wool or not but it works so much better than wraps on heavy wetters. :wink:

hth

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:51 pm

I don't have one yet (but it should be arriving reasonably soon, yay) but Weenotions Northern Lights are supposed to be really good and slim fitting and the price is good for a custom made especially as Weenotions are fantastic and will make adjustments for you like extra poppers for skinny waists etc.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:07 pm

Blake mostly has - Wee Notions Northern Lights, Upsy Daisy Soy fitteds (their sevice is also fantastic re. extra poppers and higher in the rise if requested etc), Bamboo Sandys & 2 Hollow Oaks.

We also have 3 muttaqins on their way to us and I would love to try a Flutterby Fluff.

I also have 1 Ella's House Hemp (with some more on their way) - they aren't as absorbent as the other fitteds we have but are practically as slim as a disposable, so I don't mind changing him 2 hourly for the odd pair of slim fitting trousers he has.

My avatar
mythreelittlemice
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mythreelittlemice » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:20 pm

For something really special you could try the special fitteds at Bibs n Bots :wink:

http://bibsnbots.info/fitted-nappies-upsy-daisy-c-1_76

My avatar
clare888
Clothie
Clothie

Postby clare888 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:05 am

I want to try a fitted and these all look lovely. Are these the same as things like tot bots? So, do I use a normal wrap on top?
Sorry noobie alert :oops:
Clare x

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:14 am

clare888 wrote:I want to try a fitted and these all look lovely. Are these the same as things like tot bots? So, do I use a normal wrap on top?
Clare x

Fitteds do need wraps. We usually use wraps or wool shorties at the moment.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:49 am

clare888 wrote:I want to try a fitted and these all look lovely. Are these the same as things like tot bots? So, do I use a normal wrap on top?
Clare x

Hi Clare
have a look at this it might help a little - http://www.clothnappytree.com/info.php?article=4
You will find all the info you need on here. You'll so be addicted.....lol
IF you have any questions just ask some will be along to help you.

Claire

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat